Intermediate Web Engineer
Advertiser: Healthcare LogicMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Healthcare Logic is one of Queensland’s fastest growing technology start-ups, and we are aiming for global market leadership within the next five years. We build software to help hospitals work better. We are fully funded and currently transacting in five jurisdictions. Our flagship product is SystemView: a new-to-the-world analytics platform using high-frequency data automation and a proprietary UI to give clinical and executive leaders in hospitals previously unobtainable insights and actionable data.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To continue building out our front-end engineering team, we are now looking for a committed and motivated individual to join us at an exciting time of rapid expansion. If you are a passionate web developer and are hungry for developing a state-of-the-art application using a modern technology stack, this role is for you.
You will be joining a multi-talented and diverse team of Web engineers with responsibilities to include:
- Contributing to improve our test framework, i.e. Cypress
- Participating in improving our design and contribute to development of new UI/UX design.
- Providing technical and helpdesk support to other parts of the business, including debugging, troubleshooting of technical issues during an outage or identified bugs.
- Participating in code and peer review process.
- Improving our CI/CD pipelines and maintaining solution on Azure Devops platform.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of front-end technologies and stay abreast of current industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Improving secure Web development practices and methodologies of the SystemView application.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
These skills and experience will help get you onto the shortlist:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge in Web application development. A portfolio of your recent projects will be useful to help us understand your ability.
- Experience using Git repository such as Bitbucket, Github, Azure Devops and other PaaS technology.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline and using tools such as Azure Devops, Bamboo, Travis, Jenkins, as well as other CI/CD tools.
- Experience in database design especially RDBMS and have developed application using one of the database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and MongoDB.
- Experience and skills in developing application using SPA architecture, build systems, cross browser compatibility and HTML5/CSS layout, including SASS, UI/UX knowledge and wireframing.
- Prior experience with application or Web development working in fast-paced agile and exposure to modern collaborative tools such as Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Good communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Healthcare data preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Azure Cloud Platform, in particular App Services and Virtual Machines are highly desirable.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines will get you shortlisted for this position.
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work and in timely manner.
- Able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Job benefits and perks
- Join a team at the cutting edge of Healthcare analytics to improve patient outcomes worldwide.
- Solve interesting real-world problems in a dynamic environment.
- Attractive salary working in a modern office space with awesome views.
- Potential to work and collaborate internationally.
- Working from home and flexible hours.
- Monthly team offsite gathering promoting social interaction, education and training and professional development.
To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button, please attach your current resume plus a cover letter briefly describing how you can bring value to this role.
To be considered for this position, send the link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Which of the following front end development libraries and frameworks are you proficient in?
- How many years' experience do you have in a DevOps role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?