PR and Media Relations Manager
Advertiser: u&u. Recruitment PartnersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
About the Organisation
RSL Queensland is a dynamic, forward-thinking social purpose organisation, developing and delivering innovative programs that build brighter lives for Australia's Defence Family.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of Content and Communication, you will work collaboratively with a team of content specialists and together work to embed a new content marketing approach.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Create and deliver PR strategies that incorporate a range of elements such as national media activity, activations, influencer activities, and traditional media;
- Drive a proactive media engagement program that maximises coverage and assists RSL Queensland to achieve its mission;
- Manage reactive media and play a critical role in crisis communications;
- Utilise your advanced writing skills across a range of tasks including speech writing, media releases, executive communications, and public statements;
- Manage the PR Agency relationship to ensure collaboration and efficient outcomes;
- Work in partnership with RSL Queensland's wider marketing team to drive PR and media outcomes for key campaigns including state-wide membership and network initiatives, commemorations such as Anzac Day and Remembrance day and the RSL Art Union, Australia's biggest prize home lottery, which raises funds to provide much needed assistance to Queensland's veterans and assists in funding programs for Australia's Defence Family; and
- Team leadership and development.
About the Person
You are ambitious, creative, and a passionate storyteller. You are career focussed and wanting to use your impressive skill set to make a positive impact on the community and people's lives.
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing or similar;
- Extensive experience in public relations including experience with influencer management, activations, and creative content;
- Proactive and reactive media relations skills; including crisis communications experience;
- Established list of state and national media contacts;
- Experience in PR agency highly regarded, but not essential;
- Highly developed written communication skills with experience writing for a range of audiences and contexts;
- People leadership experience; and
- Proactive and positive work style.
For more information please call Erica Brock at u&u Recruitment Partners on 07 3232 9129, quoting reference number 20829. Alternatively, to submit an application, please click below.
Please submit your resume in Word format only.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.