General Manager Finance
Advertiser: BCI MineralsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
BCI Minerals Limited (ASX:BCI) ("BCI") is an Australian-based company that is developing a salt and potash business.
BCI is focused on rapidly advancing its 100% owned Mardie Salt & Potash Project, a potential Tier 1 project located on the West Pilbara coast in the centre of Australia's key salt production region.
Mardie aims to produce 4.4Mtpa of high-purity salt and 120ktpa of sulphate of potash fertiliser via solar evaporation of seawater. Using an inexhaustible resource and a production process driven mainly by natural solar and wind energy, Mardie is a sustainable opportunity to supply the salt and potash growth markets in Asia over many decades.
A definitive feasibility study was completed in June 2020 and construction is targeted to commence in mid-2021.
In addition to supporting the CFO, this role will be responsible for managing financial reporting, external audit, the procure to pay settlement process, the revenue cycle as well as the development and improvement of financial, accounting and procurement framework.
Furthermore, this role will also be managing annual capital and operating budget process to optimise and consolidate individual budgets development by departments, whilst ensuring they meet broad parameters set by the MD/CFO and the Board.
Capital and Operating Budgets
- Develop, manage and implement the annual budgeting/forecasting process for the business including both capital and operational budgets, including assisting the Executive Team to understand context and parameters set by the Board/MD/CFO for budgets/forecasts.
- Implement systems to collect information and report actual performance against budget on a monthly basis with action plans identified by Executives to address shortfalls.
- Develop system to obtain approval for interim changes to budget and update budgets and provide revised forecasts to Executives and Managers on a regular basis.
- Liaising with senior accounting staff and coordinating activities within the Department.
- Provide updated budget and forecast information to support reporting requirements to lenders and investors as needed.
- Lead and manage the finance team to deliver timely and accurate monthly management accounts and cost reports to the Executive Team and business units for decision making purposes.
- Facilitate the collection and presentation operational performance measures across business units to report on both quantitative and qualitative measures of performance in key outcome areas.
- Providing analysis and commentary regarding accounts and financial reports within the Department.
- Monitoring closely the financial status and exposures of the Department and providing advice to Senior Management where appropriate.
- Ensure management reporting systems are automated and integrated with operational systems for consistency and efficiency.
- Ensure integrity of information used in management reporting systems through reconciliation, review, testing of information and comparison with other sources.
- Review processes and where appropriate make recommendations for improvement of those processes used by the business to manage award of contract packages, progress claims, actual performance of each package against budget, forecast to complete update and overall project performance against budget cost and timeline.
Tax, Treasury, Risk, and Insurance
- Overseeing Treasury and Taxation activities.
- Manage cash balances, bank accounts, payments, and credit cards.
- Manage taxation reporting and lodgments. Review tax policies and positions for business activities and transactions.
- Participate in regular risk management analysis and implementation of mitigation strategies designed to address current, perceived, or potential financial or corporate risks to the company.
- Identify business risks and manage appropriate insurance requirements and other financial mitigants (eg hedging, guarantees).
Statutory Reporting & Compliance
- Ensure all Annual, Half yearly and quarterly financial reporting is consistent with the requirements of the Corporations Act 2001, Australian Accounting Standards, and International Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) and relevant tax legislation.
- Develop and maintain the BCI’s accounting policies in accordance with the relevant accounting standards.
- Manage finance and accounting timetable & priorities to meet BCI and statutory requirements
- Manage the audit process including preparation of audit information file to facilitate audit, resolution of audit queries, liaison with auditors and timely completion of external audits for the purpose of lodging half yearly and annual financial statement annual tax returns.
- Attend audit and compliance committee meeting as required, ensuring that relevant Audit Committee papers are prepared and reviewed before circulation.
- Provide relevant financial statements and information for approval ahead of the required deadlines for reporting compliance with ASIC, debt providers, shareholders, and other stakeholders.
Systems & Controls
- In conjunction with the CFO, participate in the design and implementation of new finance, accounting, reporting, procure to pay and other administrative systems.
- Oversee the detailed mapping of processes for finance systems including procure to pay and management reporting systems using flow charts and other suitable processes identifying relevant controls and checks.
- Manage process of establishing systems based on details process maps.
- Provide input into design of systems controls and security measures to safeguard financial and other strategically important corporate information and minimise risks of fraud and other forms of illegal activities.
- Participate in the design of effective and efficient interfaces between the various business systems and the finance/ accounting systems.
- Prepare and maintain policies, systems, and processes to support budgeting, management reporting, cash flow forecasting, risk management and insurance.
- Manage internal audit function to systematically cover key business areas to ensure company policies and procedures are being adhered to and that internal control systems are suitable.
- Regularly review internal control systems to ensure that they are suitable to minimise risk of fraud and to ensure that there are no material errors in reporting. Make recommendations for continuous improvement in internal control systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Accounting.
- CA or CPA qualification.
- 10 + years of relevant experience with significant exposure to ASX listed companies, and preferably the mining sector.
- Proven track record in leading and managing finance teams and delivering finance information and system improvements.
- Experience working in mining and preferably in establishing systems, processes, and reporting through the development of a new project.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards, company taxation and technical accounting skills.
- Experience with Pronto and integrations with forecasting, budgeting, and reporting modules.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical, and planning skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced financial skills with considerable experience in preparing and managing budgets and cash flow management.
- Well-developed negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and manage project teams.
At BCI, we believe people are key to the success of the company. We are proud of our history and continue to strive for excellence. If you would like to be part of our team, and feel you have the relevant and required skills, we encourage you to apply.
BCI have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment declaring we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for employment opportunities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?