Advertiser: Tattarang Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
Harvest Road Group is part of Tattarang, one of Australia’s largest private investment groups. We are an agricultural investment business with a growing portfolio of fine food brands for domestic and international markets, exporting to over 40 countries. We are a family-owned business committed to improving animal welfare and strives towards industry leadership throughout the vertically integrated beef business.
About the job….
We are currently seeking driven and energetic Station Hands for the 2021 Season, primarily based on Minderoo and Uaroo Stations, in the Pilbara WA. However traveling together as a Stockcamp to complete mustering requirements throughout all Harvest Road Stations, as well as the below.
- Carry out horse and cattle husbandry practises
- Fencing, machinery, and infrastructure maintenance
- Operating machinery
- Adhere to the guidance of the Head Stockman and Station Management staff
This role would suit someone who is willing to learn and build a career, with a strong work ethic and passion to contribute towards and learn about the Northern Beef industry. You will become an integral part of a progressive business, with a strong commitment to Australian Agriculture.
- Strong focus on safety and animal welfare
- Experience with handling livestock
- Manual driver’s license
- Able to proficiently handle a horse and/or bike
- Motivated and hard-working, willing to be part of the team culture
- Pass a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical assessment
- Possess sufficient fitness level to carry out required tasks
- Previous experience on Northern cattle stations
What’s in it for you!
The business endeavours to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your best results. We are constantly evolving, with long-term career opportunities available for successful candidates with the right attitude. We also have potential work available for a partner’s, completing domestic and/or cooking duties.
- Attractive remuneration package for the right candidate based on skill level
- Training to gain a certificate III or IV in Agriculture is available
- Modern accommodation
- All Meals
- Free Wifi and Telstra mobile coverage available
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?