Advertiser: BCI MineralsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Business/Systems Analysts
BCI Minerals Limited (ASX:BCI) ("BCI") is an Australian-based company that is developing a salt and potash business.
BCI is focused on rapidly advancing its 100% owned Mardie Salt & Potash Project, a potential Tier 1 project located on the West Pilbara coast in the centre of Australia's key salt production region.
Mardie aims to produce 4.4Mtpa of high-purity salt and 120ktpa of sulphate of potash fertiliser via solar evaporation of seawater. Using an inexhaustible resource and a production process driven mainly by natural solar and wind energy, Mardie is a sustainable opportunity to supply the salt and potash growth markets in Asia over many decades.
A definitive feasibility study was completed in June 2020 and construction is targeted to commence in mid-2021.
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and analysing information in support of business cases, proposed projects, and solution requirements, with a key focus in providing quality data and the provisioning of analytical data in support of informed business decision making. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that technology solutions meet the immediate and long-term objectives of the business and align with the operational business processes with a strong focus on digital solutions.
- Undertake analysis of the business requirements, ensuring that technology solutions are developed or procured to meet these requirements, while delivering value to the business.
- Coordinate and facilitate business and functional requirements capturing by employing recognised techniques including workshops, one-on-one interviews, and data and systems analysis.
- Assess the business process impacts associated with implementation of technology solutions.
- Understand and define business and customer scenarios, and design detailed processes using user journey mapping across different channels and touchpoints.
- Produce and maintain documentation for business processes and solutions.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with business sponsors, subject matter experts, end users and technology to define, prioritise and document functional requirements for business improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of technology solutions.
- Assist with the delivery and quality assurance of project deliverables, documentation, business processes and operational solutions.
- Gather business requirements and the translate these into functional and non-functional specifications ready for solution development.
- Develop test strategies and test scripts.
- Application(s) integration skills.
- Drive project outcomes and collaboration between team members in a fast-moving project environment.
- Proactively engage key decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Ensure that defined solutions promote technology which will deliver efficiency and effectiveness. Follow the principles of continuous improvement.
- Co-ordinate project activities with vendor’s project resources.
- Work collaboratively with vendor consultants to design, build, test, and deploy technology solutions.
- Liaise with solution providers to understand current and future technology opportunities and trends.
- Support Corporate Applications such as INX, Action HRM, Pronto and others as part of the Application roadmap.
- Coordinate proactive systems monitoring to identify and resolve possible system issues before they become business problems.
- Assist in the service transition of operational and project solutions to technology and business support teams.
- Attend regular meetings with the relevant IT stakeholders to discuss progress and requirements of the team’s on-going deliverables.
- Research, assess and validate technology solutions to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Assist with the development and presentation of Business Cases for the Operations projects and solutions.
- Liaise with project team members and external vendors to provide ongoing technical development, solution design and product management.
- Participate in the creation of test plans, execution of testing and validation of test results.
- Participate with the creation and maintenance of project and system documentation, user manuals and training collateral.
- Assist with the delivery and quality assurance of project deliverables, project documentation, business processes and solutions.
- A bachelor and/or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably the mining industry.
- Certified Business Analysis training course - based around the BABOK (Analyst Body of Knowledge), will be advantageous.
- Relevant IT certifications e.g. ITIL, TOGAF will be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting IT Applications within the mining industry.
- Extensive experience in gathering functional, non-functional, and technical requirements for business needs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of existing business processes and solutions in the mining or resources sectors.
- Solid understanding of technology trends, including cloud computing, virtualisation, data centers, high availability, middleware and databases, multiple network technologies, cross-platform integration, mobility, and enterprise applications.
- Understanding of the Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, sensors, and integration.
- Experience in Big Data and Analytics.
At BCI, we believe people are key to the success of the company. We are proud of our history and continue to strive for excellence. If you would like to be part of our team, and feel you have the relevant and required skills, we encourage you to apply.
BCI have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment declaring we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for employment opportunities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a business analyst (BA) role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?