Advertiser: BCI MineralsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Architects
BCI Minerals Limited (ASX:BCI) ("BCI") is an Australian-based company that is developing a salt and potash business.
BCI is focused on rapidly advancing its 100% owned Mardie Salt & Potash Project, a potential Tier 1 project located on the West Pilbara coast in the centre of Australia's key salt production region.
Mardie aims to produce 4.4Mtpa of high-purity salt and 120ktpa of sulphate of potash fertiliser via solar evaporation of seawater. Using an inexhaustible resource and a production process driven mainly by natural solar and wind energy, Mardie is a sustainable opportunity to supply the salt and potash growth markets in Asia over many decades.
A definitive feasibility study was completed in June 2020 and construction is targeted to commence in mid-2021.
This role is responsible for strategic architecture, design and implementation of enterprise scale Information, Operational Technology, and Internet of Things (IT/OT/IoT) solutions, providing technical direction for projects, business partners and vendors from concept to completion, designing and implementing fit for purpose, secure, robust, and scalable Infrastructure and Enterprise-scale COTS solutions.
- Develop a Technology Architecture Framework and standards.
- Ensures long term solution sustainability and support by contributing to the continued development of the BCI Minerals Technology Reference Architecture.
- Provide strategic architecture leadership around business objectives and articulating it through an architecture vision.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems and technology architectures are aligned with organisational goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise (infrastructure, applications, security, cloud, IoT platforms & sensors, Big Data & Analytics, direction, and assistance to Vendors, Business partners, Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Systems Architects, and IT/OT/IoT teams.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Work with the projects teams to ensure that proposed solutions promote efficiency and effectiveness and follow the principles of continuous improvement.
- Understand the impact of implementing complex IT/OT/IoT solutions based on emerging technologies.
- Developing strong relationships across the business, business partners and with technology vendors to facilitate the implementation of IT/OT/IoT systems.
- Proactively engage key decision makers, Business functional owners, end users, business partners and vendors, to ensure all architecture standards and strategies are applied and well communicated.
- Document the company’s existing architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing systems designs, projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Where applicable facilitate the design, development, and implementation of end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Leverage and maximise previous IT/OT/IoT investments for re-use.
- Liaise with project teams and vendors to provide ongoing technical development and solution architecture design.
- Identify requirements gaps and issues during project activities and escalate to the designated project manager via agreed change management processes.
- In partnership with the project team and solution users, create execute and validate test plans and results.
- Ensure seamless integration of systems/solutions.
- Support the run and operations of IT Infrastructure and business systems with the necessary documentation of architecture models.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Look at opportunities for business improvement and make recommendations.
- Establish and manage an Architecture Review Board.
- Identifies, applies, and optimises fit for purpose technologies through the monitoring of trends in their field of expertise; evaluates relevant sources of information and facts to solve problems; applies a structured approach to decision making and problem solving; continually develops own expertise.
- Regular site visits as and when required.
- Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering.
- Experience in Enterprise IT/OT/IoT projects in the mining or resources sector.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Relevant industry certifications e.g. CISSP or GIAC (Cyber Security), ITIL, TOGAF.
- Relevant vendor certifications e.g. CCIE, MASE, CNSE, ACMP.
- Extensive experience in a solution architecture role in medium to large organisations, with demonstrated coverage of architecture deliverables across business, information, applications, and infrastructure.
- Significant technical expertise including, future cloud computing, virtualisation, data centers, high availability, middleware and databases, multiple network technologies, cross-platform integration, mobility, DevOps and security to ensure SLA’s are met and the organisation’s networks and infrastructure landscape performs at an optimum level.
- Broad, expert knowledge of Information Security principles and practices across infrastructure and applications.
- Extensive experience in delivering cloud platform architecture.
- Strong application experience with underpinning infrastructure and solution architecture skills.
- Experience in architecting and deploying both on premise and web-enabled business applications, and cloud-based architectures and roadmaps.
- Proven experience as a Solution Architect in Enterprise-scale COTS software implementations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of existing business processes and solutions in Mining/Oil & Gas sectors.
- Proficient skills using software applications such as Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database and project management software.
- Experience in Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, sensors, and integration.
- Experience in Big Data and Analytics.
- Experience in Enterprise IT/OT/IoT projects for the mining or resources sector.
- Sound experience in large ERP environments preferably Pronto.
At BCI, we believe people are key to the success of the company. We are proud of our history and continue to strive for excellence. If you would like to be part of our team, and feel you have the relevant and required skills, we encourage you to apply.
BCI have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment declaring we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for employment opportunities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a solutions architect?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?