Animal Care Attendant
Advertiser: Animal Welfare League QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Animal Care Attendant
Beenleigh Rehoming Centre
Founded in 1959, the Animal Welfare League Queensland (AWLQ) has become one of Australia's leading and largest animal welfare organisations. We are committed to creating lasting changes for animals through cutting edge national initiatives. Our four rehoming centres care for more than 10,000 abandoned and homeless animals every year and thousands more are saved and support by our Community Vet Clinics.
About the Role:
The primary purpose of this role is provide effective care for animals and ensure AWLQ customers receive the highest standard of customer service.
This role offers an average of 20 hours per week at this stage, with the opportunity to pick up extra hours.
The successful candidate will have previous experience within a shelter environment, vet care facility or boarding kennel, with a passion for animal welfare and the values of AWLQ.
This role requires flexible availability including weekend work, public holidays and the ability to cover team leave when required.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest possible standard of Customer Service at all times
- Maintain and clean animal housing to a high standard
- Providing a high standard of animal care to all animals on site
- Enrichment programs of all animals
- Answering phones, reception duties and adoption paperwork
- Animal impounding services
- Data entry
Required Skills and Experience to perform the role:
Please also address the below points in your cover letter:
- Previous animal industry and animal handling experience in a similar capacity – Essential (ideally 2+years)
- Ability to handle strong dogs and dogs with challenging behavioural components - Essential
- Confident Computer Skills and experience - Essential
- Strong customer Service experience - Essential
- Livestock experience - Highly Regarded
- Shelter Buddy System experience – Desirable not essential
- Cert II Companion Animals – Desirable
Please note Award Hourly Rates Apply
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?