Senior Software Engineer
Advertiser: Swyftx5 out of 55.0 overall rating (15 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $120,000 - $140,000 + Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Swyftx is rapidly building a name for itself as Australia’s most feature-rich and best priced digital currency exchange. We are a 3yo well established Fin-tech startup with a database of 50,000 users and growing every day. Our platform is evolving continuously and we work hard to uphold our high standards for new and improved features.
To continue to build by popular demand, Swyftx is searching for Senior Software Engineers that are passionate about elegant code, design patterns, software architecture, development best practices and are up to date with new technologies, frameworks and other languages.
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 gross salary + Super (based on experience)
Location: Milton, Brisbane, QLD - Close to all public transport
Day to day tasks will include:
- Writing code (Node, React, Angular) responsible for millions of dollars in transactions, innovating on new features, optimising systems, collaborating with the team and performing peer reviews.
- Transforming business requirements and user feedback into product features that involve developing in different languages and technologies in both back and front-end layers.
- Providing complementary skills/expertise to the team and continuously learning from peers and seniors.
- Continually performing code reviews and knowledge transfers to other developers
- Providing, colleagues and customers with technical advice.
This is you:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- 3+ years of full-time experience.
- Experience with NodeJS and a comprehensive understanding of Async programming.
- Working knowledge of React, Angular (will be phased out), HTML and CSS.
- Possesses initiative and has an adaptive and proactive nature.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage your own workflow.
- Good analytical skills for solution design, software build and problem resolution.
- A customer-focused mindset in all aspects of your work.
You will experience first-hand what it means to say “I did that” as you watch your ideas and visions become a reality, impacting thousands of people every day.
You will be working amongst a team of innovators, industry disruptors and caffeine consumers. The open-plan office based in Milton creates a relaxed and supportive environment with stand-up desks, music, a fully stocked kitchen and end of trip facilities. We plan regular engaging group activities, after-hours sports activities such as tennis and celebrate our wins with every month.
To see our full list of benefits visit our careers page https://swyftx.com.au/careers
'Apply Now' or send your resume and cover letter to Colin from our People and Culture Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have the rights to legally work in Australia. Background security checks may be conducted on potential candidates prior to employment. Sponsorship options are not available for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?