Advertiser: Coles Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Coles Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Pty Ltd seeks a suitably motivated trainee looking to train and qualify as a (HVAC+R) engineer to join our friendly team.
About the Role(s):
Enjoy dual trade qualifications. Qualify as both a HVAC+R technician (initially) and HVAC+R engineer (secondly).
Earn while you learn (avoid considerable costs of attending University and tens of thousands in HECS-HELP debts). Gain highly desirable, recognised, professional, qualifications.
Based in the greater Newcastle area. Enjoy interesting & varied indoor & outdoor work across our diverse customer base (including local, national & multinational companies).
The best of all worlds – working outdoors and indoors with head and hands.
- Initially complete 3 years of a TAFE apprenticeship in HVAC+R (qualification = Electrotechnology Cert IV)
- In the fourth year enrol in TAFE mechanical engineering, with HAVC+R electives, to complete appropriate diploma
- Gain engineering mentorship along with practical, field, based experience - to make for a better engineer to ensure projects that truly deliver for customers
- Learn and develop HVAC+R trade and engineering skills
- Learn and develop management and leadership skills
- Eventually; liaising with customers, quoting / tendering, winning projects, project management and problem solving
- Compliance with company and customer WH&S+E policies and procedures
- Commitment to excellence and ethical behaviour
To achieve success:
- Grades with the ability to complete a TAFE engineering qualification (e.g. Maths, mechanical aptitude, problem solving, written communication skills, etc.)
- Have strong leadership potential (senior managers, even future company owners, can be drawn from this pool)
- Excellent proficiency with computers and figures.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship building skills
- Exceptional practical and organisational skills
- Neat personal appearance
- Drivers' licence
- Sound understanding of written and spoken English
- Team oriented and methodical approach to all aspects of work
- Commitment to safety
- Passionate about work. Ability to learn quickly. Friendly to colleagues and customers.
- Above all, passion to be the best and continually raise the standard.
- Attractive remuneration package after qualifying
- Mentoring - to learn the trade, industry and related engineering
- Excellent working conditions within a friendly supportive team environment
- Secure and varied work – commencing with apprenticeship
- Ongoing training & career development; we genuinely care about supporting individuals to reach their full potential
- Latest software
- Immediate start
- Future access to 'tool of trade' company motor vehicle and smart phone
- Company supplied company uniforms, discounts internally and with external partners.
Coles Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Pty Ltd is a leading, local, service provider. Operating continuously since 1939 (82 years) with unmatched local HVAC+R job security.
Join a friendly, motivated and local team.
Please email your C.V. (Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?