Advertiser: Bicycle QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $55,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
About Bicycle Queensland
Bicycle Queensland (BQ) is the leading voice for community cycling in Queensland. With over 15,000 members statewide and more than 30,000 supporters on our database, and over 35,000 followers on social media, we advocate for community cycling and we're committed to getting more people on bikes—more often—as a compelling force for health and well-being.
With humble beginnings as a small collective of concerned citizens, over 40 years we've grown to become one of the largest and most influential community cycling organisations in the country.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Bicycle Queensland as an integral member of the Events Team. The Events Coordinator position is a hands-on role representing and building the profile of Bicycle Queensland by planning and delivering successful events and activations throughout the year. This role requires a high level of responsibility and is perfect for someone wanting to progress their career to the next level.
Duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and delivering Bicycle Queensland events and activations that deliver an exceptional attendee experience.
- Operating within a set budget, ensuring timelines and agreed KPIs are met.
- Understanding relevant legal and risk management requirements, including developing risk management plans, terms and conditions, waivers, site evaluation and service provider contracts.
- Working as part of a team and contributing to an environment that supports outstanding customer service and delivers successful events and activations.
- Maintaining and promoting a flexible and positive approach to change.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders – local authorities, suppliers, sponsors, partners, contractors, Bicycle Queensland members, event participants, volunteers and general public.
- Leading onsite teams and providing high quality guidance and support to Bicycle Queensland volunteers.
- Updating event websites and maintaining event databases – monitoring event entries, preparing participant lists and data reports.
- Preparing regular templated reports outlining management of activity and evaluating event outcomes.
- Managing equipment - sourcing, hiring, storage and maintenance.
- Striving for continuous improvement and effectiveness of events, sharing knowledge and collaborating with other areas of the business.
- Representing and building the profile of Bicycle Queensland at events.
- Achieving Bicycle Queensland’s strategic and operational objectives to ensure we achieve our mission of more people cycling more often.
- This role requires out of hours work, mostly on outdoor events.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant qualifications in event management or related field, and at least three years event coordination experience, preferably with mass-participation events.
- Proven experience leading projects, planning and delivering all aspects of outdoor events and activations from start to finish and including post-event evaluation.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with people at all levels, including colleagues, Bicycle Queensland members, volunteers, suppliers, contractors and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of risk management processes.
- High level of office administration experience, including using Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience using CMS (WordPress preferable).
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of contemporary and evolving trends, including digital event platforms and event databases.
- Demonstrated versatility in responding to situations.
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate or willingness to obtain upon employment.
- Current ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s Licence.
- Working with Children Check – Blue Card or willingness to obtain upon employment.
- Strong customer service, networking and liaison skills, and excellent personal presentation.
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Natural ability to influence, support and motivate.
- Expert organisational and time management skills.
- Well-developed record keeping and reporting skills.
- Self-motivated, takes responsibility and demonstrates a high level of initiative.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and analytical thinking.
- Sensitivity in responding to stakeholders from a range of lifestyles, capacities, expectations and cultures.
- Flexible, positive and can-do attitude with the ability to hit the ground running.
What we offer
- This is a full-time role with a comprehensive package reflective of the skills you bring.
- Based in Milton, you'll be close to the Bicentennial Bikeway, public transport and cafes!
- Working for a non-profit organisation that encourages and supports Queenslanders to take advantage of the convenience, health benefits and joy of riding a bike.
- Work with a committed, fun team whose single purpose is to inspire all Queenslanders to ride safely with us, in our collective quest to make Queensland Australia's healthiest and most vibrant lifestyle destination.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a compelling cover letter as to why you want to be part of the Bicycle Queensland team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted via Seek will not be considered.
Only successful candidates will be contacted further.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.