Project Controls Manager
Advertiser: BCI MineralsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Planning & Scheduling
BCI Minerals Limited (ASX:BCI) ("BCI") is an Australian-based company that is developing a salt and potash business.
BCI is focused on rapidly advancing its 100% owned Mardie Salt & Potash Project, a potential Tier 1 project located on the West Pilbara coast in the centre of Australia's key salt production region.
Mardie aims to produce 4.4Mtpa of high-purity salt and 120ktpa of sulphate of potash fertiliser via solar evaporation of seawater. Using an inexhaustible resource and a production process driven mainly by natural solar and wind energy, Mardie is a sustainable opportunity to supply the salt and potash growth markets in Asia over many decades.
A definitive feasibility study was completed in June 2020 and construction is targeted to commence in mid-2021.
The Project Controls Manager is accountable for development, implementation and management of appropriate and effective project controls processes, procedures, systems, tools, and whole of project reporting that are required to support the effective execution of the Mardie project.
- Identify gaps and drive cross functional improvement initiatives; engage, plan, and execute project control improvement initiatives.
- Ensure changes to processes are effectively communicated to all stakeholders, as necessary.
- Liaise with Executive team to determine requirements, processes, and procedures in compliance with project schedule, ensuring requirements are understood, communicated, implemented, and regularly reviewed.
- Provide leadership to the development and implementation of project controls, cost and schedule management plans and any other relevant management frameworks for projects including workflow analysis and reporting.
- Organise and direct the work of consultants, technical staff, and subcontractors, to ensure project requirements are met.
- Monitor work schedules and inform the Executive Team of any issues that may impact schedule, budget, product specification or other areas of the project.
- Oversee the set up and maintenance of the Project Cost System and accounting reports generated from Pronto including forecasting and tracking of cost centres.
- Monitor, manage and maintain comprehensive registers of financial approvals and variations.
- Review cost commitment and expenditure information for all cost elements, oversee input to the cost control and reporting system on a consistent basis.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are correctly planned and implemented and that all the necessary resources are obtained, allocated and managed.
- Oversee approval of invoices in accordance with Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Oversee all cost related work aligns with procurement contract(s).
- Facilitate with the PMC to provide all required project reports.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Lead and participate, as required, in the preparation of project and corporate reports supporting business reporting, funding obligations and project updates.
- Establish a standardised Work Breakdown Structure and ensure all Works Contracts and Contractors incorporate this into their management and reporting.
- Work with Project Director to review impacts, test scenarios and develop solutions for project planning and scheduling demands.
- Establish project capital expenditure trend and change management, including regular, effective reporting.
- Manage cost control tasks such as forecasting, reporting, project registration and closure, and purchase order management as required to meet cost control demand in conjunction with other cost control resources.
- Review weekly cost reports and be advised of any forecast cost overruns or savings promptly to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner or capital to be returned.
- Establish and coordinate weekly project cost reviews with the Project Team and communicate outcomes to stakeholders, as necessary.
- Monitor drawdown of project contingency allowance and forecast to complete.
- Ensure the project's performance is monitored against all lenders cost and schedule requirements and critical action triggers and update the Project Director and Executive Team of trends and forecasts.
- Ensure variations and contractor claims are adequately reviewed and approved within set timeframes.
- Conduct investigation into project variations above a certain value and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure cost processes are reviewed and audited regularly and that observations and departures are addressed, as necessary.
- Tertiary Qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in Project Controls in the resources industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the controls and governance requirements for major projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams of direct employees, consultants and suppliers through development and delivery of large-scale projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement appropriate and effective management systems.
- Ability to analyse, edit and present management reports and provide analysis on base-line excursions from norm.
- Ability to form and foster collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriate to the skills of nominated staff.
- Ability to impart skills and train others.
- Experience in claim management.
- To have a strong background in project Engineering/Procurement/Construction planning. This would involve working experience with planning software, i.e. MS Project / preferably Primavera.
- Be conversant with the usual MS Office software, i.e. Word, Excel etc.
At BCI, we believe people are key to the success of the company. We are proud of our history and continue to strive for excellence. If you would like to be part of our team, and feel you have the relevant and required skills, we encourage you to apply.
BCI have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment declaring we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for employment opportunities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have with project planning and scheduling?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?