Helicopter ground crew (HR Driver/Mixer)
Advertiser: Pays Air CharterMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- $50,000-59,999 Negotiable based on skills.
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Road Transport
Helicopter ground crew (HR Driver / Mixer)
Pay's Helicopters require helicopter ground crew to join our team in Bathurst, NSW.
Pay's Helicopters is an Aerial Agricultural and Charter business operating throughout New South Wales and Victorian areas, with a main base located at Scone airport and satellite bases at Tumut and Bathurst.
To service our expanding contract requirements we are searching for an integral member to join our team.
Pay's Helicopters are seeking a Helicopter Ground Crew (HR Driver / Mixer) to work in our Aerial Agricultural/application operations.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Mixing and handling agricultural chemicals in strict accordance with labels / Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS).
- Checking water quality is suitable for mixing.
- Reading and understanding product labels and MSDS to effectively deal with any emergency situations such as spills, accidental poisoning or fire.
- Loading aircraft with chemicals, fertiliser or seed for application operations as directed by the pilot and CASA regulations.
- Maintaining clear communication with aircraft pilots.
- Keeping track of where aircraft are working, how long loads take to apply and initiating search and rescue procedures in the unlikely event of an accident.
- Keeping accurate records of all agricultural chemicals and other materials prepared and loaded.
- Securing loading sites and restricting access to unauthorised persons.
- Maintaining all associated vehicles and ground equipment, ensuring they are in clean, serviceable condition at all times, including decontaminating mixing equipment and reporting faults to maintenance staff.
- Driving and operating a fuel truck including the support of firefighting aircraft.
- Aircraft type maintenance in accordance with Pay's and CASA guidelines, this primarily being the installation and removal of role equipment.
- Ensuring all licence and endorsements, including vehicle and dangerous good, are current at all times.
Minimum Loader / Mixer Qualifications
- Heavy Rigid truck licence
Required to obtain for employment:
- Dangerous goods licence advantageous or ability to obtain prior to employment
- AAAA Spraysafe accreditation, Chemcert or equivalent
The following qulifications/experience will be highly regarded:
- First Aid
- Forklift licence
- Working at heights ticket
- Previous aviation experience
A high mechanical aptitude and a farming or rural background is desirable.
Applicants will be required to undergo initial and continued Drug and Alcohol Management Procedure training.
Pay's Helicopters is operated on a non-smoking site.
Applicants must have a strong work ethic and be willing to work long days and weekends during peak periods.
Unsuccessful Suitable Applicants may be offered Casual Ground Crew/Water-Cart Duties if interested.
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have a current Australian drivers licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have a current Dangerous Goods drivers licence?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?