PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
Advertiser: Norton Gold Fields3.3333 out of 53.3 overall rating (21 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
Salary: Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
This position will provide expediting and logistics services for the project.
Norton Gold Fields is one of Australia’s largest domestic gold producers, with recent annual production of up to 200,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia’s world-class Kalgoorlie goldfield region, including a highly prospective tenement package of more than 1,000km² surrounding the 3.8Mtpa Paddington Mill.
In 2020, Norton invested in a new Binduli low-grade project 30km south-west of Norton’s Paddington Mill, intending to boost the production and extend the life of mine for more years to come. Norton strategy would see the mining of refractory ore sources for treatment at the Paddington Mill. The plans also include the building a new operation centre to support its low-grade mining and ore treatment facilities, which is about 30-km south-west of Norton’s Paddington Mill. This two-pronged strategy would create about 220 jobs from next year.
- Maintain regular contact with vendors to ensure equipment packages are being manufactured and shipped per schedule
- Ensure vendor’s queries are answered promptly so as to not delay their progress.
- Track and monitor equipment manufacture progress and organise inspections where required
- Organise port and customs clearance and transport to Binduli Site
- Expediting and logistics of spare parts and rotables
- Assisting the Supply team with establishing the new warehouse
- Organising cranes and special transport
- Arranging transport permits if required
- Organising temporary storage whilst Site facilities are constructed
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- Good understanding of contractual law
- Current “C” Class Manual Driver’s License
- St John Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Fluent in English
- Valid work visa, permanent residency or Australian citizenship
- Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programs including
- Discounted gym membership
- EAP support
- Family friendly roster
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a procurement role?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have experience with inventory management?