Advertiser: Norton Gold Fields3.3333 out of 53.3 overall rating (21 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Salary+Bonus+Residential Allow+Health Ins+Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Exploration & Geoscience
Roster: 5:2 - 6 Months - Full Time Fixed Term
Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Insurance + Private Health Cover + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
About Norton Gold Fields
Norton Gold Fields is one of Australia’s largest domestic gold producers, with recent annual production of up to 200,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia’s world-class Kalgoorlie goldfield region, including a highly prospective tenement package of more than 1,000km² surrounding the 3.8Mtpa Paddington Mill.
Currently Norton Gold Fields is progressing its expansion of two underground mine sites namely Tuart and Enterprise and various open pit projects such as Federal, Jakarta, Golden Funnel, Rose Dam South and Rose Dam North this year.
- Collect diamond drill core wash, photograph and prepare for logging;
- Sample core as directed and deliver to the assay laboratory;
- Store or dispose of the diamond drillcore as required;
- Provide long term access and retrieval of diamond drillcore and other samples;
- Maintain Coreyard to appropriate company standards;
- Assist the geology group in data collection and storage;
- Complete SG measurements on drill core as required;
- Collect geotechnical information – RQD’s and fracture spacings from diamond drillcore;
- Load information collected to the geological database;
- General logistical and administrative support to Geological Team;
- Other relevant duties as directed by the Field Supervisor.
Skills and Experience
- At least more than 1 year Field Technician experience
- Experience in open cut and/or underground mining operation
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative;
- Strong commitment to safety and the environment
- Current unencumbered C/HR Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate
- Valid work visa, permanent residency or Australian citizenship
- Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Insurance + Private Health Cover + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programs including
- Discounted gym membership
- EAP support
- Family friendly roster
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application or forward your application to email@example.com.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have mine site experience?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.