ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISOR - RESIDENTIAL
Advertiser: Norton Gold Fields3.3333 out of 53.3 overall rating (21 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Health, Safety & Environment
Norton Gold Fields is seeking an experienced and qualified Environmental Advisor to join our team at Paddington. An Employer of Choice with a Clear Growth Strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community. Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency.
Reporting to Senior Environmental Advisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking of all aspects of mining to in an environmentally acceptable manner.
The Key Tasks of the role include:
- Prepare environmental approval documentation (e.g. mining proposals, groundwater well licences, environmental discharge licences, dangerous goods licensing) including overseeing contracts to undertake background scientific research (e.g. flora and fauna surveys, heritage surveys, groundwater investigations).
- Review and maintain the Environmental Management System including policies, procedures, and compliance registers.
- Ensure that compliance activities such as groundwater monitoring and reporting, landscape functional analysis, energy efficiency, national pollution inventory, etc. are undertaken in compliance with legal requirements.
- Develop, review and maintain closure plans and tasks necessary for the implementation of those closure plans.
- Develop, review and implement proactive environmental initiatives to ensure that Norton Gold Fields is seen as a proactive environmental performer.
- Represent Norton Gold Fields in the community as required in events such as community education and consultation on environmental performance.
- Assist with the supervision of Graduate Environmental Advisor and Environmental Technicians.
- Accountable for the cost effective delivery of the Environmental services budget.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mining which included assessment of environmental compliance and/or auditing.
- Sound understanding of applicable environmental legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of environmental legislation relevant to mining practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including liaising with stakeholders and report writing.
- Ability to interact proactively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation in the resolution of Environmental issues.
Benefits working with Norton Gold Fields:
- Residential roles and lifestyle friendly rosters which affords the opportunity to balance family, work and community.
- Competitive salary, rewarding your skills and experience.
- Private health insurance allowance
- Optional TPD insurance allowance
- Salary sacrificing options for housing, motor vehicles and superannuation.
- Discounted Corporate Gym memberships with several local fitness centres.
How to Apply
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you attach copies of all relevant qualifications/licences to the role you are applying for.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd promotes diversity in our workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, indigenous and multi-cultural backgrounds to apply.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date, unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd (Norton or “the Company”) is one of Australia’s largest domestic gold producers, with annual production of more than 180,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia’s world-class Kalgoorlie gold region.
The Paddington Operations has gold ore reserves of 1.03Moz and mineral resources of 6.03Moz and a mine life in excess of ten years, with considerable exploration upside from more than 80 known prospects across its tenement package. The Company is well positioned in growing the business with the strong support from its major shareholder Zijin Mining Group Co., Limited.
The Paddington mining and exploration tenement package covers an area of 1000km². It is 100% owned and operated by Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd and is centred around the Paddington Mill which is located 35km north-west of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?