Advertiser: Norton Gold Fields3.3333 out of 53.3 overall rating (21 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Salary+Bonus+Residential Allow+Health Ins+Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
Roster: 5:2 – 18 month fixed term
Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Insurance + Private Health + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
About Norton Gold Fields
Norton Gold Fields is one of Australia’s largest domestic gold producers, with recent annual production of up to 200,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia’s world-class Kalgoorlie goldfield region, including a highly prospective tenement package of more than 1,000km² surrounding the 3.8Mtpa Paddington Mill.
In 2020, Norton invested in a new Binduli low-grade project 30km south-west of Norton’s Paddington Mill, intending to boost the production and extend the life of mine for more years to come. Norton strategy would see the mining of refractory ore sources for treatment at the Paddington Mill. The plans also include the building a new operation centre to support its low-grade mining and ore treatment facilities, which is about 30-km south-west of Norton’s Paddington Mill. This two-pronged strategy would create about 220 jobs from next year.
- Prepare environmental approval documentation in a timely manner
- Oversee contracts to undertake background scientific research (e.g. flora and fauna surveys, heritage surveys, groundwater investigations).
- Review and maintain the Environmental Management System including policies, procedures, and compliance registers.
- Ensure that compliance activities are undertaken.
- Develop, review and maintain closure plans and tasks necessary for the implementation of those closure plans.
- Represent Norton Gold Fields in the community as required in events such as community education and consultation on environmental performance.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mining which included assessment of environmental compliance and/or auditing.
- Sound understanding of applicable environmental legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of environmental legislation relevant to mining practices.
- Current unrestricted “C” Class WA Manual Drivers Licence
- Satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate
- Valid work visa, permanent residency or Australian citizenship
- Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Insurance + Private Health Cover + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programs including
- Discounted gym membership
- EAP support
- Family friendly roster
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application or forward your application to email@example.com.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?