Advertiser: VidnamiMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- $120,000 - $139,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
We're an established and rapidly growing SaaS company that is harnessing the power of Machine Learning to automate the process of creating videos. Our mission is to make creating high quality videos as quick and easy as posting a blog post. To date, our customers have created over 1.6 million videos on our platform!
If you’re looking for a positive, enthusiastic, flexible and engaged team of people working on interesting, cutting edge tech, then you’ve found it.
Founded by software engineers, every team member is highly skilled, friendly and trusted with the autonomy to organise their time and do their best work.
As a key member of the technical team, you'll have a huge influence on our engineering culture, our product and the company as a whole. This isn't just another development job, it's a chance to help expand and grow a proven global software platform.
- Solve challenging technical problems
- Develop high quality, maintainable code with tests
- Collaborate with all team members to make Vidnami a fantastic experience for our customers
- Contribute to technical decision making and tool selection
- Contribute to the evolution of our software architecture
- Uphold & improve our software process, practices and engineering culture
You are technically adept and love to solve hard problems.
Your high level communication skills enable you to get your ideas across, discuss complicated concepts constructively and communicate on both a technical and non-technical level.
You are open, friendly and collaborative in your approach. You take ownership of tasks and take pride in your work. You appreciate the flexibility of an environment where you can focus and create quality. You are outcomes driven and like to get the job done.
Skills you have
- 3+ years in Node.js (our core backend technology)
- High proficiency with Postgresql/MySQL relational databases
- Proficiency writing frontend code (for the browser)
- Well honed communication skills.
- Proactive approach. You communicate early and often, and you raise issues in a positive/helpful way. You love contributing to a continuous improvement culture.
- Good appreciation for software architecture
- You build scalable systems
- You care about development methodology and are familiar with Agile/Lean practices
- People say you’re great to work with
Nice to have/Opportunities for growth
If you have these skills or qualities, they’ll be highly regarded. If you don’t, you’ll have a great opportunity to cultivate them.
- Machine learning/data science (we use PyTorch as our machine learning framework of choice)
- You’re passionate about video creation / visual effects / digital film production.
- Team leadership
- Product management
- UI/UX/Graphic Design experience
- PHP / Wordpress (for our marketing websites)
- Exciting industry to work in - You’ll be working on a world-class online video creation platform that’s used by thousands of customers every day. It’s an exciting area, that’s much more interesting (in our opinion) than working for a large bank or insurance company!
- Competitive remuneration - based on ability/experience. We also offer a paid overtime scheme to ensure any periods of putting in extra effort are well compensated.
- Culture of Excellence - Be part of a culture where excellence is the norm
- Engineers as Founders - Work with some seriously smart people and for a company founded by software engineers.
- Organised but Open - We are structured & organised, but not bureaucratic/top heavy
- Make a Difference - Make a real difference in an environment where your contribution will be truly valued
- Flexibility & Growth - Our working arrangements allow for flexibility and passion. After establishing good relationships in our team, many of our staff work remotely a lot of the time. You are trusted to manage your time, because we care about results and value balance. We are careful with meetings. We value deep work.
- Fun - We have a great team culture. It’s not all work, we make sure that we also play together.
- Local Preferred - Our Nunawading office is the perfect hub to work collaboratively - creatively decorated and furnished, standing desks, good coffee, pool table, shower, bike storage. Close to public transport. Plenty of friendly, geeky people! Our preference is that staff come to our office to collaborate once a week or so (and initially most of the time). However, for the right applicant we can talk about a full remote experience (still based in Australia).
Where to from here?
Please hit the “Apply for this job” button and you’ll be prompted to answer a few questions and submit a CV and covering letter. Covering letters that specifically address this role will be highly regarded. We will be monitoring applications continually so you can expect a response in the next few days.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software developer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?