TRADE ASSISTANT/ APPRENTICE
Advertiser: Advanced Drive GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2021
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Materials Handling Engineering
We are a growing Yatala based business looking for a reliable and committed Trade Assistant. You will be working alongside and guided by our highly skilled fitter and turners.
Your ability to adapt to a varying array of tasks and completion of these within a timely manner will be essential for this role. Our business is predominately, but not limited to component repairs and rebuilds.
We are offering competitive wages based on industry knowledge and experience. We are offering a full-time position for an immediate start.
About the role:
- Stripping and cleaning hydraulic components such as rams, cylinders, bearings etc
- Safe use of hand and power tools when required
- Assist tradesman where needed
- Meet strict safety compliance/ standards
What we are looking for:
- Previous T.A. experience
- Proficient with the use of hand and power tools
- Great safety record
- Reliable, hardworking and positive attitude
- Ability to work within a cohesive team environment or autonomously as required
- High attention to detail and the ability to assist the tradespeople
- Willingness to be trained whilst adopting a "Can Do" attitude
To be successful in this role, candidates will require the following:
- Current and non-conditional full manual C Class QLD Driver's Licence;
- Current forklift license preferred
- A professional and friendly approach coupled with a positive and proactive attitude
- Good knowledge of safe working practices, including safe manual handling
- Be physically fit and willing to undergo a medical exam as regular manual lifting of heavy items may be required at times
- National Police Check or ability to obtain
- Eligible to work in Australia
- Willing to commit to long term employment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English coupled with an Intermediate computer literacy is required
In return we offer:
- Full Time position for the right applicant ( After 6 month Probation period)
- Work with a well-established and sought-after company
- Supportive and friendly work environment with highly skilled Tradesman
- State of the art facility and opportunity to grow and develop your skill set
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?