Advertiser: Brisbane Sound GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
Brisbane Sound Group has been at the forefront of event hire and production, sales, installation and service for over 35 years. With our unique ability to offer a complete solution to our clients across all service areas, BSG is now recognised as a premier provider to the entertainment, government, education, church and presentation industry within Brisbane, South East Queensland and beyond.
An exciting opportunity is available to join the BSG team as Production Manager. This is a full-time position based out of our office and warehouse in Northgate, Brisbane.
Brisbane Sound Group is looking for a Production Manager to promote our enviable inventory of Sound, Lighting and Audio-Visual offerings to our clients for either sub hire or event opportunities. This position requires excellent communication and project management skills, strong technical knowledge of audio, lighting and video equipment, and a successful track record in coordinating all aspects of an event. This work environment would suit a level-headed but creative personality, who is easily adaptable and will take ownership to achieve a positive outcome for our clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise with current and prospective clients to achieve a solution to suit their needs and budget
- Selling the solution to the client by proving excellent customer service, knowledge, adaptability and confidence in the solution you are presenting
- Following up proposals and gaining client approval
- Coordinating technical equipment and crew for multiple events, from the quoting stage through to the event and beyond
- Manage the delivery of projects as required, including adapting to changing and evolving requirements
- Managing crew rosters
- Ability to successfully collaborate with other staff and departments at BSG
- WH&S Risk Assessment and reporting and following internal procedures
- Act as a point of contact for customers and staff during the planning and delivery phases of a production
- Following all internal procedures including the booking out and return of equipment, maintenance and safety
- Assist with business development opportunities
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Audio Visual event production management
- A passion and drive to achieve an excellent result every time
- Strong technical knowledge of professional Audio, Visual and Lighting equipment, and a willingness to learn new equipment and technologies
- Excellent planning, organisational, time management and customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and the ability to communicate effectively and passionately with clients to understand their needs
- Proven track record in coordinating teams for the set up and operation of events
- The ability to manage multiple projects and often changing deadlines
- Ability to balance creative goals within the client’s budget and expectations
- Ability to work with, train and develop staff of all skill levels
- A working knowledge of Rentalpoint Software, Vectorworks or similar CAD program
- Forklift Ticket, Truck Licence, EWP, Riggers Licences, Blue Card
Hours of Work:
The job requires a willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and possibly some travelling required.
Salary and Entitlements:
- Salary is dependant on skills and experience
- Penalty rates when on shows as per the relevant Modern Award
- All leave entitlements as per the National Employment Standards
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Company entitlements
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a production manager?