Advertiser: Harmony Agriculture and Food CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2021
- Horsham & Grampians
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
Harmony Agriculture and Food Company (HAAFCO) is a vertically integrated grower and supplier of beef and sheep/lamb to domestic and international markets. It is an Australian business, which is jointly owned by Australian and Chinese investors.
Dimboola Feedlot, a property within the Harmony Agriculture and Food Company group, is located 15kms north-east of Dimboola.
The Feedlot Assistant will be required to support the Livestock, Feeding and Operations teams in all aspects of the day-to-day running and management of the feedlot.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Working with Livestock team
- Assisting in the receival and induction procedure of livestock for designated feeding programs, custom feeding, or preparation for live export.
- Unloading, loading, scanning, drafting and weighing of livestock. All aspects of livestock husbandry and welfare including handling and veterinary treatments.
- Welfare checks for the identification and diagnosis of illnesses with efficient communication to the Livestock Supervisor.
- Ensuring clean water troughs are maintained at all times.
- Working with Feed team
- Feed mixing & delivery
- Receival of feed commodities
- Cleaning bunks
- Working with Operations team
- Daily maintenance activities
- Repairs & Maintenance as required.
- Ensure that livestock handling facilities are kept in a clean and tidy state
Skills and Experience;
- Previous experience in working in an intensive livestock handling operation preferred
- Basic knowledge of Australian regulatory standards associated with livestock, feedlot industry, environmental regulation and live export.
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- C class license minimum
- Machinery experience preferred but not essential
- Available to work rostered weekends
Applications should be addressed to Feedlot Assistant and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should provide an introductory letter addressing the selection criteria and a CV with relevant experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)