AFP Crime Command Team Member
Advertiser: Australian Federal Police3.3438 out of 53.3 overall rating (32 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2021
- $96,049 – $105,974 p.a, plus 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Police & Corrections
Applications are sought from suitably qualified individuals wishing to be considered for multiple Crime Command team member vacancies across various policy, capability and coordination teams.
The Crime Command comprises several key branches of the AFP:
- Intelligence Operations.
- Transnational Serious and Organised Crime.
- Human Intelligence and Undercover Program.
- Fraud and Anti-Corruption.
- Covert and Technical Operations.
In this context, the Crime Command is responsible for:
- Set and drive the AFP’s national and international crime investigation and intelligence priorities and strategies.
- Develop and support specialist and covert capabilities nationally.
- Lead the AFP’s involvement in a range of national and international taskforces.
- Deliver Canberra-based operations, investigations, and outputs.
- Drive the AFP’s strategic operational engagement with partners and government.
- Contribute to whole-of-government policy, strategy, and capability initiatives.
The AFP is seeking to fill current and anticipated vacancies across a range of support teams within the Crime Command.
Your duties will include:
There are current and anticipated vacancies across a range of teams within the Crime Command. These teams deliver, inform and support a range of critical Crime Command activities and responsibilities of the roles may include:
- Contribute to the development of complex policy and legislative reform.
- Prepare briefing papers and advice for the Senior Executive and the Ministers Office on complex matters.
- Contribute to the development of media and ministerial strategies and responses.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and management of operational policies, capabilities, doctrine, governance, and processes.
- Manage and undertake project work and developing research material.
- Research and identify opportunities to enhance specialist capabilities.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the Team Leader to support the delivery of outcomes.
The successful applicant will:
- Focus on working collaboratively within a team and build mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively by distilling the key issues and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Consistently deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Model enthusiasm and resilience in responding to uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Demonstrate self-awareness.
- Show leadership by developing, and providing guidance and feedback to fellow team members.
- Understand the role of the AFP, partners, and broader government as relevant to the work of Crime Command.
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
- Relevant qualification and/or contemporary knowledge and experience relevant to the role.
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- This position requires the successful candidate to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 (Secret) or Negative Vetting 2 (Top Secret) Security Clearance.
- This recruitment is being create a pool for future vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months.
- This position is located in Canberra, ACT. Successful applicants must be willing to relocate to Canberra.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=5528&company=digitaltra
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEDST) on 27 January 2021.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.