Head of People and Culture
Advertiser: Valmont3.375 out of 53.4 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Management - Internal
The Head of People and Culture leads a critical business function and will support the business in the ongoing development of our People, Capability and Culture Roadmap which aligns to our Strategic Business Plan.
Valmont and Geyer – are a privately held, vertically integrated Design and Construction Group of companies with our head office based in Sydney. We have a national reach across Australia with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth, as well as an APAC regional office based out of Singapore. We have a turnover of circa $100m with exponential growth forecast over the next three years and beyond.
Valmont is a design and construction (fit-out) organisation, blending design thought leadership with creativity to deliver inspiring and productive environments for our clients. We specialise in creating and delivering commercial workplaces, commercial asset upgrades, education, and retail spaces.
Geyer is a strategic design consultancy with a national presence and a reach across APAC. We believe in making a difference through thinking differently. We use a strategy-led design to create intelligent places that help our clients, and their communities to create the extraordinary, by designing tomorrow for today.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be a true business partner and provide technical and strategic advice to our business leaders surrounding all things people and culture including (but not limited to) influencing culture and behaviours, learning and development requirements, performance and reward, organisational design, other programs of work to support the successful implementation of our People, Capability and Culture Roadmap.
With a focus on creating and driving a "High-Performance Culture", key focus areas will include:
- Supporting the business and continuing to develop and implement our People, Capability and Culture Strategy in line with our Strategic Business Plan, ensuring the long-term success of the business.
- Lead and develop the implementation of our People, Capability and Culture Roadmap, including the implementation of a new HRIS platform.
- Drive, adopt and embed a strategic focus on our commitment to diversity, health, safety, and well-being across our business
- Driving process improvements to maximise efficient and effective HR operations and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and governance frameworks.
- Refine and implement KPI programs linked to our strategic business plan across all functions to ensure a high-performance culture.
- Lead all core people functions.
- HR and Payroll management,
- Culture and engagement,
- Compensation and benefits,
- Learning and development,
- Onboarding, induction and offboarding process (employment lifecycle management)
- Diversity and inclusion, Work Health and Safety frameworks
About you, what are we looking for:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a HR function within a medium sized project centric business or similar. Design and Construction industry experience highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to build effective working relationships both within and outside our business
- Knowledge of employment legislation across Australia. Experience with a Singapore business would be highly regarded,
- Experience in partnering with Senior Leadership Teams and having demonstrated the ability to develop medium term strategy,
- Experience influencing and successfully driving People and Culture strategies and programs of work to support transformational change
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Strong commercial acumen and proven analytical and problem-solving skills