Advertiser: Cylite Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Assembly & Process Work
Cylite is at the cutting edge of medical imaging through the design of an innovative product based on its award-winning HP-OCT technology, which allows for high-speed and accurate imaging of the eye. Based in Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct at Notting Hill, we are expanding our team to achieve aggressive growth targets in 2021 and beyond.
About the role
Cylite is looking for a full-time Manufacturing Technician as part of the production team. Working in a collaborative environment this role includes detailed inspection of components, assembly of parts and testing of systems to achieve our high-quality requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Inspection and measurement of components against drawings.
- Operation of test equipment and reporting of quality issues.
- Inventory control including stock checks, labelling and record keeping.
- Kitting of components according to work orders.
- Preparation and cleaning of sensitive optical and electronic parts for clean room assembly.
- Optical assembly according to documented processes.
- System assembly including handling PCBA’s and wiring looms.
- Following strict testing of products per work instructions.
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Production for process improvement.
Relevant experience for the role
- Manufacturing experience involving detailed assembly of parts in a regulated industry.
- Experience handling electronic assemblies and PCBA testing.
- Experience handling optical components and clean room processing.
- Able to work safely and with caution when handling sensitive components.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow documented work instructions.
- Strong work ethic to perform tasks unsupervised, being reliable and responsible.
- Good communication skills to collaborate effectively with team members.
- Adaptable and can work according to changing demands.
Desirable experience for the role
- Qualification in a Technical field at TAFE or diploma level.
- 1-2 years’ experience in high-precision manufacturing or a laboratory type environment.
- Experience in optical parts assembly.
Join the team
Working as part of a dynamic team to deliver our product to customers worldwide, we are looking for applicants who enjoy working in an innovative environment and on products that have a positive impact on people’s lives. If this sounds like you, please apply with an up-to-date resume including a cover letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role.
Please include an indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work. Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia. Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a production worker?