Registered Nurse - Special Care Nursery
Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2021
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Midwifery, Neo-Natal, SCN & NICU
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) is seeking positive, dynamic and friendly Registered Nurses to join the Special Care Nursery in our Midwifery Department in a full time or part time capacity.
About the Role:
The Registered Nurse position in Special Care Nursery is responsible for providing specialised care to neonates born in Mildura Base Public Hospital for ongoing care or stabilization for transfer to a tertiary centre. The role involves providing a high standard of clinical care to neonates requiring specialised treatment, liaising with the ANUM regarding patient management, assisting and educating families regarding care of their newborn, liaising with medical staff and allied health professionals as necessary and assisting in emergency treatment of neonates.
To be successful in this role you will hold relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA). You will have the relevant skills required for level 3 Special Care Nursery including caring for sick or premature neonates and have a minimum of 12 months experience in a level 3 SCN or NICU.
You will also bring:
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Possess strong interpersonal skills along with a caring and nurturing personality.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Why Choose Mildura Base Public Hospital:
We promote and provide a work environment that embraces professional development and supports staff to maximize growth through internal and external education opportunities. At MBPH, you will be more than just a number, you will make a real difference to our department and to the wider community.
Our genuine commitment to flexible working arrangements allows you time to pursue the things you love. With a vibrant multicultural society together complimented by many options for good food and coffee, shopping, arts and sporting events, Mildura provides an excellent opportunity to a lifestyle that will support your career.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Salary Packaging arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and dynamic team environment
- Location! Mildura is a regional hub which provides an excellent a lifestyle that will support your career. Check out www.visitmildura.com.au
- Employee Assistance Program
If you are ready for a rewarding position, click “apply” below. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check, WWCC (or ability to obtain one) and proof of immunity prior to your commencement.
Applications should address key selection criteria and include curriculum vitae and names of 2 current professional referees.
For a copy of the Position Description, and to find out more about our amazing Hospital, please visit our website www.mbph.org.au
Closing Date: 28 January 2021
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?