Housing Allocations Coordinator
Advertiser: Housing Choices Australia3.4 out of 53.4 overall rating (5 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
- Newly Created Role
- Full-time role and Competitive Remuneration with Salary Packaging Options
- Innovative and Growing Not for profit Organisation
Join us and share our Vision:
‘All people affordably housed in neighbourhoods that support life opportunities’
Housing Choices Australia (HCA) is a leading and rapidly growing national not-for-profit housing provider. Our goal is to ensure that people are housed in inclusive communities and to create homes that encourage a sense of belonging. We own or manage more than 7,000 homes across Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, NSW and WA.
We provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, residents and stakeholders.
We are seeking a value-driven individual who has the passion and experience to work in Community Housing. This newly created opportunity would best suit someone who is analytical in their thinking and passionate about the social housing sector.
Reporting to the Housing Services Team Leader, the Housing Allocations Coordinator plays a critical role in attending to complex inquiries and working across the wider team. The role is to coordinate vacancy management, complete initial assessments, verify applicant’s eligibility, calculate rent, and presenting reporting on key performance indicators such turnaround times together with reporting on other regulatory and contractual compliance requirements as required.
The role also has an administration component that includes coverage of the reception, data entry, documentation, and filling as required to contribute to the administrative assistance of the department.
- Experience in a customer service role
- Conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with the Victorian Housing Register and HiiP
- Experience in producing meaningful and well-presented reports
- Sound knowledge of working within the community housing sector
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Ability to display sensitivity, discretion and diplomacy in interaction with others
- Well-developed written, oral communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and requirements including an ability to support others through the change process
- Close attention to detail
- Experience in dealing with complex customer needs
- Ability to complete complex Excel data reports
- Experience and knowledge of the social housing sector in Victoria
- Knowledge of the income support system for people on very low incomes
What we offer in return
- Income protection
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive remuneration, salary packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that the post holder has OR willing to obtain the following:
- National Police check
- Current Working with Children's check
- Agree to comply with Child Safe Environments policies and procedures
- Current driver’s license and willingness to travel across Housing Choices’ locations, as required.
Applications close at 12.00 pm Friday 29 January 2021 and Apply through Seek.
To find out more about us, the role and the excellent benefits and conditions we offer, please visit our website. Applicants should include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position as outlined in the position description. To obtain a copy of the position description, please go to our website housingchoices.org.au. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mahil Mutu-Mala P&C Business Partner on 03 8636 9408 or Dominque Belanger – Housing Services Team Leader on 03 8636 9438.
Housing Choices reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately. This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia. Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce, we celebrate and respect our people's differences and are committed to being inclusive. We strongly encourage Aboriginal Australians to apply
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Do you have previous experience working in the community sector?