Project Support Admin Officer
Advertiser: MoneyMob TalkaboutMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2021
- Alice Springs & Central Australia
- $64,000 per annum pro rata + super
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Part time 0.8 FTE fixed term contract role until 31 December 2022
- Are you a self-starter looking for a dynamic, customer facing administration role?
- Can you speak/understand Pitjantjatjara/Yankunytjatjara? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
- Join an expanding not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving financial and social wellbeing in Indigenous communities
- Enjoy a salary circa $64,000 pro rata plus super, 7 weeks leave & more!
About MoneyMob Talkabout
MoneyMob Talkabout is a not-for-profit organisation delivering a range of financial and community support programs with and for people in remote Indigenous communities.
Our Money Hub in the APY Lands, which has operated since 2012, provides a one-stop shop for local community members to interact with the broader economy in a safe and supportive environment. Teams also visit other communities in South Australia from Pipalyatjarra to Indulkana providing services on an outreach basis.
MoneyMob Talkabout is actively committed to being an Aboriginal run and led service, as such we strongly encourage experienced and qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position.
About the Future Sustainability Education Project
In April 2020, MoneyMob was chosen by the South Australian Government to deliver the Future Sustainability Education Project, which is aimed at providing energy education and support to Anangu Communities in Yalata, Oak Valley and the APY Lands as they transition to paying for electricity supply. This change is being introduced from 2021.
About the Opportunity
MoneyMob is looking for a Project Support Admin Officer to join their Future Sustainability Education Project team, based in Alice Springs, NT on a part-time (0.8 FTE) fixed term contract to 31 December 2022.
Reporting to the Future Sustainability Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing a range of project administration support duties to the Project Manager and Trainer/Mentors as well as assisting the wider MoneyMob team.
Your day to day duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with remote travel and community work logistics;
- Using project management software and ensuring that information is current and up-to-date;
- Answering project enquiries and providing general energy advice via telephone;
- Maintaining a project presence in the Alice Springs office whilst project members are in remote communities;
- Ensuring project targets, milestones and timeframes are met in close collaboration with the Project Manager and Project Delivery Team; and
- Liaising with interpreters as required.
To view the full position description, please go to our website www.moneymob.org.au/join-our-team.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Nick Rickard - Future Sustainability Project Manager on (08) 8953 2410.
To be considered for this position you must have prior experience in a general administration/office support role. While not essential, any experience working with Aboriginal communities will be considered highly desirable, as will any ability to speak and understand Pitjantjatjara/Yankunytjatjara.
A self-starter, you will be confident working completely autonomously at times in support of remote project members, demonstrating the initiative necessary to remain productive under your own self-direction. You will also provide administrative support to other Money Mob staff and teams as required including covering office reception, answering phones and undertaking additional administration tasks.
As the link between remote communities and the Future Sustainability Education Project, your ability to communicate effectively and clearly, and quickly establish rapport with diverse people from varying cultural backgrounds, creating positive experiences in the process, will go a long way to ensuring your success.
Operating as the glue connecting the project team, your ability to prioritise the success of the team as a whole will be key as you fulfill a varied range of project support functions. Moreover, you will be flexible and adaptable, able to go above and beyond to meet changing project circumstances and COVID restrictions, should they present themselves.
Most importantly, you'll be highly empathetic and culturally competent; able to understand the needs and concerns of the communities you will be communicating with.
Please Note: Employment will be subject to a National Police Clearance.
About the Benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to bring your skills to a passionate not-for-profit organisation supporting some of the most remote communities in Australia.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration circa $64,000 (pro rata) plus super and salary sacrificing options, and a GREAT range of additional benefits to help you enjoy life within the local community including:
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Remote travel allowance;
- $500 annual wellbeing payment;
- 5 days mandated annual breaks (mini-break); and
- Training/education opportunities
You will be welcomed into a friendly and passionate team, with comprehensive training and support from colleagues and management.
If you're looking to make a positive community impact and take on a key leadership role within a supportive not-for-profit organisation - Apply Now!
To apply, send a current CV, brief letter addressing the selection criteria in the position description, and details of 2 current referees to email@example.com.
Applications MUST address the selection criteria in the position description and will be assessed immediately upon receipt.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Have you completed a qualification in business administration?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?