Wordpress frontend website developer
Advertiser: Kara de Schot Creative + MarketingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2021
- Sunshine Coast
- $25 to $35 per hour + standard entitlements
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Web Development & Production
About the business
Pixel Co Creative & Marketing is a full-service design and digital marketing studio on the Sunshine Coast, QLD.
We design beautiful brands, websites that are a cut above the rest, and a whole lot of social media ads and funnels to support our clients to grow their business. We are a small and tight-knit team of creative and marketing leaders in our field that are passionate about what we do and we are looking for our next integral team member.
We work with clients across Australia, New Zealand and America, we're big on delivering an amazing customer experience one would expect from a local business, but we have a business with a global reach and international expertise.
We strive for a culture of transparency, respect for each other and our clients and continuous self-development. If you love to learn and want to better yourself day after day, apply within!
About the role
- Casual or Permanent Part-Time
- Work from Buderim based office and home
- Flexible start and finishing hours
- 2-3 days per week
As our go-to Wordpress wizard, your focus will be on supporting our creative team in bringing their UX designs to life in Wordpress.
In particular, you will be using the Elementor builder to its full extent. Experience with this software is ideal.
Looking for the chance to showcase your skills and have your ideas heard as a crucial part of a growing and dedicated team? Due to the success of the company, we’re on the lookout for a capable developer to join us.
You'll be part of a creative, innovative, and collaborative team where quality is a strong focus, and a safe, relaxed, and positive company culture is king.
- Build websites in WordPress, use associated plugins and templates, integration, CMS, and on-page optimization (SEO).
- Modern front-end techniques, responsive design, and UX-design are essential.
- Keen attention to detail when executing web pages based on a digital design
- Implementation of SEO project work on clients websites
- Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager implementation
- Ability to manage multiple requirements and deadlines at the same time.
- Ability to work closely with your teammates to achieve the goal at hand
- Be a flexible team member who can assist others when required
- Experience using front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- An understanding of graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator
What you’ve already done
- Worked within an Agency Environment
- 1+ years experience with front end development
- Have a commercial portfolio of legit client sites you've built yourself.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong commitment to excellence in customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills, if there is a problem, you need to fix it
- Willingness to innovate and strive to adopt new technologies
- Being familiar with SEO best practice when building and strategic design of interfaces for a great customer experience and easy conversion is what we are looking for.
- A willingness to work with our designers to develop pixel perfect sites is crucial.
- Understanding how to build in Shopify and Squarespace is beneficial but not essential.
When you work with the Pixel Co Creative team:
You will be working with a wide range of incredible clients in different industries, from beauty to trades, manufacturing to professional services and more!
Autonomy and flexibility to shape your day and your week, we work hard, but have a flexible working environment for the right people.
The hours can be flexible.
Our fresh new office space is in Buderim, QLD, and you would need to come to work each day with the team at least two days out of three. You will have a complete remote setup (laptop etc) so should the need to work from home arise (COVID) you will be ready for that.
Skills and experience
Your portfolio will be the key to showing us you know your stuff. We want to see WordPress sites of all styles, developed and designed entirely by yourself. If they are using Elementor, all the better. Custom designed plugins, great! No templated page designs please, we custom design our sites and so I want evidence you can mold a site to a custom design.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires CSS development experience?
- Have you worked in a role which requires HTML development experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?