Heavy Duty Mechanic - Kalgoorlie Residential
Advertiser: MLG Oz Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Engineering & Maintenance
About the business
Based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, with operational satellite locations across regional Australia, MLG’s business has grown over the last 19 years to employ more than 700 employees and contractors across 20 sites. MLG operates a modern fleet of on and off-road bulk haulage equipment, crushing and screening plant and earthmoving fleet, all maintained to the highest standard on site and in Kalgoorlie. MLG prides itself on being a contractor of choice and an industry leader, with its core focus positioned around delivering tailored mining services solutions.
About the role
MLG are currently seeking an experienced Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join our operations.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position is:
- 2:1 Roster
- Nightshift / Dayshift
- Competitive hourly rates, Super paid on all hours and salary sac options avail
- Excellent culture and collaborative team
- Secure employment with a continuously growing company
Key duties of the role include
- Undertake preventative maintenance and servicing of the road trains and mobile plant equipment
- Carry out rebuilds of Engines, Gearboxes and Differentials
- Diagnose and fault find electrical and hydraulic defects
- Completing work orders and record all parts and inventory to a high standard
- Maintain workshop equipment in accordance with specifications and working conditions
To be successful in your application, you will need the following
- A Current Driver's Licence
- Relevant Trade Qualifications required to perform your duties as a Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic
- Strong Working knowledge of maintenance requirements, fault finding and associated procedures for Mobile Plant and Road Trains
The experience with following equipment will be highly regarded
- Kenworth and Mack Primemovers
- Caterpillar Mobile Plant – FEL, Skid steer and excavators
- Trailer Repairs
Does this sound like you? To take the next step in your career, click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure you include an updated resume with contactable references with your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Alternatively, if you would like more information contact Human Resources on (08) 9022 7746 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website to view our other opportunities and to sign up to receive job alerts.
As a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, MLG respects and embrace people from all walks of life. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have mine site experience?