Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: KPMG3.3929 out of 53.4 overall rating (308 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2021
- Asia Pacific
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Our client, the Fiji National Provident Fund (the Fund), is a defined contribution fund that provides superannuation services to its members. The operations of the Fund is guided by the Fiji National Provident Fund Act 2011 (FNPF Act). As such, the Fund is mandated by law to collect compulsory contributions from employees and employers towards the retirement savings of all workers in Fiji. Apart from retirement savings, the Fund also provides pre-retirement benefits such as housing, medical and education assistance.
The Fund is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to the role of Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board Chairman, this role will have the primary responsibility of leading the Fund by providing direction and ensuring that the organisation carries out its functions whilst overseeing management and daily operations, in accordance with the FNPF Act and policies established by the Board.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and implementing a five-year strategic plan which should reflect future expectations and direction.
- Proactively formulating future strategic objectives including long-term portfolio projections and management.
- Building and maintaining a culture of high performance to deliver excellent service to Fund members; including developing and maintaining a strong leadership framework within the organisation and strengthening leadership by developing a robust succession plan.
- Ensuring the Fund’s daily operations are coordinated and implemented efficiently and effectively, and that key projects are developed and implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Growing the Fund as a critical contributor to the Fijian economy; including developing effective strategic relationships and interfacing strategies with key stakeholders and ensuring efficient and effective growth through technological advancement.
- Ensuring member awareness programs (including financial literacy and retirement planning) are conducted and that customer satisfaction of the Fund’s services is effectively monitored.
- Developing, implementing and promoting best governance practices and driving the risk management culture of the Fund.
- Advocating for transparency, accountability and responsibility; including monitoring the implementation of the Fund’s risk strategy and reporting to the Board.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Investment, Management or Business Administration.
- PhD in Management or Finance would be desirable.
- At least 10 years’ management experience in the Finance and/or Investment sector.
- In-depth knowledge of pension funds and/or social security schemes.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work effectively with and support the Board in decision making, especially in relation to the Fund’s performance, corporate governance, strategies and risk portfolio.
Don’t miss out on this exciting job opportunity! Applications addressing the above requirements and including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and three referees with email and telephone contacts should be forwarded to “Chief Executive Officer – Fiji National Provident Fund”, c/- KPMG, GPO Box 32, Suva, Fiji or email email@example.com later than 5pm Friday, 29 January 2021.
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?