Advertiser: Northern CemeteriesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2021
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
Level: 1-2 Years’ + Experience in Customer Service
Location: Sydney (Macquarie Park/North Ryde)
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Our Team, Mission, Vision and Company Values
We are a not-for-profit organisation with four sites located on Crown land in the northern suburbs of Sydney, and a further site in the Newcastle region. We are passionate about providing excellence in customer service and customer experiences, committed to the communities we serve.
Our Team at Northern Cemeteries understand, honour and respect the people we help every day. We recognise the importance of our work and we are committed to those who rely on us. We acknowledge that every member of the team has value and adds value to our mission.
At Northern Cemeteries we believe everyone in the community has the right to access respectful, dignified services and memorialisation.
Our Customer Care Team is on the search for a sensitive and mature-minded Receptionist who will strive to contribute to our mission of meaningful and respectful services and memorialisation.
Working as the new Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for Northern Cemeteries. Therefore, it is critical that the successful candidate is both welcoming and sensitive in delivering their excellent customer service to all clients and visitors to the Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium.
As the new Receptionist you will perform the following:
- Manage all incoming phone calls to the switchboard and transfer calls to the appropriate staff member within 4 rings (inclusive of taking messages on behalf of a staff member)
- Manage all general main line phone calls enquiries such as opening hours, chapel services etc.
- Ensure all interview rooms and the reception area is tidy inclusive of re-supplying brochures
- Liaise with funeral directors – ensuring all paperwork for incoming bookings are received
- Advise and direct families as per Family consultants’ appointments and/or to Chapel Services, Burials and Functions
- Refer ancestral and genealogy research internally
- Check all deliveries from florist to ensure it is required for Northern Cemeteries and follow necessary procedures upon acceptance of delivery
- Check all outgoing correspondence as per departmental procedures
- Provide back up support for Funeral Director Booking line inclusive of scheduling, acceptance of bookings and liaising with multiple stakeholders
Our Selection Criteria and About you
At Northern Cemeteries, our values are at the forefront of our customer experience. As the new Receptionist you will have the following attributes and be willing to undergo:
- Experience with working in a customer service role and a competing priority environment
- Excellent in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Good listening and communication skills (inclusive of telephone manner)
- A Proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Enjoys working independently and in a team environment
- Prepared to work a rostered weekend and provide back up support to other administrative duties
- Hold permanent residency or are an Australian Citizen (sponsorship is not offered for this role)
- Willing to undergo and pass the following checks: pre-employment medical (drug and alcohol testing), police check & education check
When you Join our organisation, you will have access to the following Employee Benefits
- Reward and Recognition program
- Work/life Balance
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- Salary Sacrifice Superannuation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
Please note – only candidates that fit the profile described above will be contacted.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and addressing the Selection Criteria via the APPLY NOW button below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?