Data Engineer - Cloud
Advertiser: MTData Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Consultants
MTData is a leading provider of GPS tracking, Telematics and in-vehicle systems and has experienced continued growth and now a subsidiary of Telstra.
Based in Mulgrave, Victoria, MTData operates across all states of Australia and New Zealand.
To support our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced software engineer to join a small team tasked with various data lake design, development, and problem solving activities
Working closely with the lead data engineer and data architect, as well as with managers, UX developers and software engineers, the successful candidate will be engaged in the following activities:
- organising your work to a lean-agile timely delivery cadence
- developing data products to support dashboards, reporting and data analysis
- working iteratively with managers and customers to better meet requirements
- data modelling using 3rd nf, data vault, and dimensional modelling
- using frameworks such as serverless, or dbt (data build tool)
- deploying to AWS cloud environments using technologies such as Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Glue, Athena or similar
- working with lean agile CI/CD DevOps mind-sets
- exploring tools, techniques, and frameworks to improve on quality and cadence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised self-starter; able to work with a variety of people to understand business requirements and iteratively craft quality data products for our customers
- Cares about doing quality work at a timely cadence
- Able to work individually and in a small team, both in person and virtually
- Curious to learn new tools and techniques that will help you and others to work more effectively
- Experience in using SQL in data engineering, data analysis or data warehousing
- Competent in at least one programming language, preferably Python
- A willingness to adopt and improve development practices, such as lean agile, clean code, SOLID design principles, TDD, pair programming, refactoring, and so on
- Australian permanent residency or be an Australian citizen
- Degree qualified in computer science, engineering or related discipline
MTData values staff with a 'can do' attitude that can make a positive difference to their business. The successful applicant will possess a dedicated and flexible approach to work and enjoy working in a dynamic and challenging environment. Domestic and overseas travel will be required.
This is an outstanding career development opportunity which will suit someone who is looking to expand their skill set and knowledge whilst working for a progressive company.
Only candidates who supply a covering letter addressing the specific requirements listed above and including a salary expectation along with a resume will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?