Advertiser: REAL IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
REAL COVID-19 Recovery Coordinator
- Casual Position (45 weeks)
- 8 Hours per Week
- Working from Home base
- SCHADS Classification 3.4
- Manningham Local Government Area and Surrounds
Rights Employment Accommodation and Leisure Inc (REAL Inc) enables men and women with an intellectual disability to engage in meaningful age appropriate activities within their local Manningham Community. This cohort has been significantly impacted by the isolation of COVID-19.
A newly created position has been funded to support members to re-engage with community. Initially this will be through accessing and establishing interest based virtual communities which will translate into face to face contact as the government guidelines permit
The position will:
- Develop COVID safe policies and practices for REAL Inc.
- Identify and set goals with members based on their community access preferences.
- Identify opportunities for activities, both virtual and face-to-face through existing community organisations.
- Creatively involve participants to ensure social connection and opportunities for skill development.
- Encourage participants to access courses and information to attain new skills and be prepared for the return to the post-COVID-19 world.
- Provide support to safely and successful transition to face to face activities.
The role, which reports to the REAL Inc Committee of Management, will manage the project ensuring outcomes and deliverables are achieved within budget and time-frames, generate annual report and practice guidelines and capture the member stories on the website.
The role requires a self-motivated person, who has experience in delivering community projects and in working with people with disabilities to promote inclusion. The person will need to have the capacity to problem solve complex issues, well developed written and verbal skills, an understanding of NDIS and competency in using virtual communication platforms. The successful applicant will also be aware of COVID-19 safe practices..
A police check and working with children check are required.
So, if you are looking for a varied and flexible position that will help create positive changes in people’s lives, please download the position description or call 0418 504 264 for further information.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted by email up to 5 pm Monday January 25 th
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?