Advertiser: MLG Oz Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Northam & Wheatbelt
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
About the business
Based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, with operational satellite locations across regional Australia, MLG’s business has grown over the last 19 years to employ more than 700 employees and contractors across 20 sites. MLG operates a modern fleet of on and off-road bulk haulage equipment, crushing and screening plant and earthmoving fleet, all maintained to the highest standard on site and in Kalgoorlie. MLG prides itself on being a contractor of choice and an industry leader, with its core focus positioned around delivering tailored mining services solutions.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive Industry salary
- Depending on your home location you could be eligible for the ability to salary sacrifice onward FIFO flights
- Corporate Superannuation plan with discounted administration fees
- Be a valued and integral part of the team
- A fantastic opportunity to work for a leader in our industry
- Job security and long-term employment
- Being part of a team leading change throughout the business
- Immediate start
- Permanent full-time position
As a ‘hands on’ Purchasing Officer reporting directly to the Site Manager your main duties will be:
- Maintain site stock levels
- Unload delivery vehicles, sign for manifests and ensure all goods arrive undamaged
- Put away all incoming goods daily, in correct locations
- Manage parts locations
- Carry out pick up runs for local suppliers daily
- Ensure stock take is carried out on all stock items monthly
- Update pronto stock adjustments once approved
- Reconcile and receipt all site invoices
- Process requisitions from site and ensure orders are received by suppliers
- Follow up outstanding supplier orders
- Any other duties as requested by your Manager
To be successful in your application, you will need the following:
- Previous experience in a purchasing or store environment
- A current Drivers licence
- Telehandler experience
- A positive attitude and pro-active approach
- Experience with PRONTO or a similar purchasing system
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical, including a drug & alcohol screen.
The experience with following will be highly regarded:
- Previous experience in mining, mining services or transport industries.
- Pronto experience, including Systems Administration.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge in Truck and Trailer spare parts
- Forklift licence
Does this sound like you? To take the next step in your career, click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure you include an up to date resume with contactable references with your application.
Alternatively, if you would like more information contact Human Resources on (08) 9022 7746 / firstname.lastname@example.org
As a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, MLG respects and embrace people from all walks of life. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have purchasing experience?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?