Body Corporate Manager
Advertiser: The HR RoomMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Body Corporate & Facilities Management
Whittles started out as a small family business in 1968 and has since grown to be a national market leader in the Strata Management industry, with a property portfolio that exceeds 76,000 lots across Australia.
Based in our Maroochydore office and reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be joining a tightly knit team of professionals, responsible for managing an established mid-sized portfolio that includes residential and commercial complexes.
Whilst support and ongoing professional training will be provided, we are seeking a professional with strong core management capabilities including financial management, customer relationship management, risk management and a commitment to quality service delivery. Ideally you are an established Body Corporate Manager, however property professionals with an extensive background in client relationship management and building maintenance experience are also encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities in the role include:
- Development of annual budget and forecasts for Strata Corporations
- Develop effective budgets to ensure liquidity of the Corporation’s funds
- Implement building maintenance strategies within budgetary constraints
- Establish positive relationships with clients, contractors, and other key stakeholders
- Manage financial matters and payment of accounts
- Assist clients with lodging complex insurance claims and arrange renewals
- Work collaboratively with clients to identify and manage risks
- Organise and chair General Meetings with Owners Corporations
- Ensure legal compliance with respect to building management and internal processes
- Manage and resolve client and contractor disputes
Ideally you will possess the following attributes:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Property related position (ideally in Body Corporation Management or Property Development)
- Experience in managing building defect works and other complex Property matters
- Excellent understanding of financial management / trust accounting
- Strong Relationship building skills and resilience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of risk management processes
- Ability to manage teams and individuals to ensure peak performance
- Strong analytical mindset to continuously improve the efficiency of operations
- Tertiary qualification in Property / Business (Desirable)
What we can offer you
At Whittles we understand that our employees are at the core of our success. That’s why, apart from a supportive work environment, we offer employees further benefits such as:
- Competitive remuneration and incentives;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Inclusive and diverse team environment;
- Involvement in Charity Fundraisers (We have our own foundation).
HOW TO APPLY!
If the above sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you believe you have the skills to excel in this role, please apply now.
All applications are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the real estate industry?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?