Venue Presentation Coordinator
Advertiser: Melbourne Cricket Club4.4375 out of 54.4 overall rating (16 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Body Corporate & Facilities Management
- This role looks after the presentation of the iconic MCG…yes that is right, the MCG!
- Look at innovative ways of improving processes, thinking about efficiencies & reducing environmental impacts
- Co-ordinate and project manage contractors and suppliers
The Melbourne Cricket Club manages the Melbourne Cricket Ground, one of Australia's greatest assets. The MCG is host to more than 70 major sports events annually, attracting at least three million patrons and visitors.
The Facilities department is responsible for the management, maintenance and efficient operation of the built environment at the MCG, Yarra Park and other MCC-managed sites. Our duties include building operations, turf management, repairs and maintenance, cleaning and other technical services, ensuring that events, functions and daily business run smoothly.
A great opportunity has arisen with in this department for an experience Venue Presentation Coordinator reporting to the Operations & Contracts Manager - Facilities. This position is responsible for the overall cleanliness and presentation of the MCG and Yarra Park. This involves:
- Ensuring timely venue cleanliness and presentation is at the highest possible standard at all times by delivering efficient, cost-effective and customer focused venue presentation services, including general and specialist contract services.
- Being responsible and COVID safe compliant for the day to day operations of contracting staff e.g. cleaning, waste disposal, pest control, hygiene, painting etc.
- Developing in depth familiarisation with contractual terms and conditions of venue presentation service suppliers and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards and KPI's for service providers as well as reviewing contract specifications.
- Conducting audits and condition assessments.
- Researching and presenting initiatives to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Process improvement, looking at ways to improve efficiencies to ensure 'best practice' and to reduce environmental impacts.
- Working on adhoc project.
To be successful in this role, you need to have experience working in a similar role in contractor management within cleaning, hospitality or facilities for a medium-large professional organisation that is responsible for large mass public gatherings (e.g shopping centres, airports, hospitals or a large venue/ stadium..etc.). You will also need to be a collaborative team player that has proven strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills dealing with people at all levels, with an ability to influence and strengthen relationships.
You will also need to have:
- A strong attention to detail and sound analytical skills
- Project management capabilities
- Managed change to promote continuous improvement
- Facilities management operational background
- Knowledge of high-level of strategic and operational procedures
- Knowledge of relevant OHS legislations including COVID safe compliant
- A creative and innovative approach
- Sound perception and conceptual thinking skills
- Certificate III or IV in Asset Maintenance (Cleaning Operations) or tertiary qualifications in commercial related discipline
For a more detailed description of the role please refer to the position description via the link on this page.
The hours of work are largely business hour however from time to time you will need to be available to work outside of normal business hours to monitor performance of contracts. You will also need to be available to work on the Facility event day duties on a rotation basis that could fall on weekends and public holidays.
If you have the skills, experience and qualifications outlined above, and want to continue your career working for an iconic organisation in a world renowned stadium / venue with state of the art facilities, we would love to hear from you. You can do this by forwarding your current CV, cover letter and complete the questionnaire online by clicking on the 'Apply Online' tab on this page.
Please note, applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
Applications close Sunday 31 January 2021. (any applications that come in after this date will not be considered)
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.