Building Designer / Draftsman
Advertiser: GVD Building DesignMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Northern QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
GVD Building Design is a small office and you will be working with a team of 4. We were established in 1999 so have a well established clientele and history in Townsville. We are a busy office and do a large number of projects in all shapes and sizes. We specialize in bespoke designed residential projects for individual clients. Sustainable, Timber framed buildings are our sweet spot. We also design & document many concrete tilt slab commercial office & showroom buildings, automotive dealerships being some of our established clients.
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum 5 years Building Design and drafting experience. Architecture, Architectural Drafting or Building Design qualification. Revit user Experience. Structural Draftsperson will be considered.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design and Drafting of medium to high level complexity residential and commercial projects. Control of your own projects including interaction and liaison with clients and consultants.
- Building design including concept development, preliminary design drawings, town planning drawings, Building approval and construction documentation. Tender document development.We fully document many project including structural components.
- A social work environment is important to us as is flexibility.
- Great Work environment
- If you are the right fit four our business you can be sure of a long career. Our existing team have been together for a long time.
- Large range of project types.
- Townsville is an excellent place to live in a vibrant part of the world. It has a bright future on the verge of another business boom.
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?
- How would you rate your English language skills?