Advertiser: M.J. Harris GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Interior Design
Your new company
We are a family-owned company specialising in Home Renovations, Restorations & Trade Services.
We are fun, energetic, and eager to create beautiful spaces.
We boast a large onsite team of tradespeople (60+) carpenters, plumbers, electricians, plasterers, tilers, painters etc with our own joinery division and in-house interior design team.
We specialise in Bathroom, Kitchen and Full House renovations, providing our clients a complete concept to completion service. We are looking for an Interior Designer to join our team.
Our office environment is full of fun and laughs. Oh, and we are dog friendly 🐶
Your new role
The right candidate will have a degree or diploma in Interior Design or Interior Architecture. You will need to be passionate about home renovations and eager to take a hands-on approach in a fast paced working environment.
It is important that the potential candidate will have high attention to detail and understand how to balance their time between projects of varying importance.
Proficiency in Sketchup, CAD and InDesign are essential.
Your main tasks will be:
- In home Design Consultations with our clients
- Sourcing fittings, fixtures, finishes, tiles, etc.
- Preparation of conceptual designs
- Creating Finishes Schedules
- 2D floor plans and 3D rendered drawings using either Sketch Up/ CAD.
- Colour Consultations
- Project documentation i.e produce trade plans, joinery plans and quotations.
- Attending site and check measures
- Prepare & style interior photoshoots
Our ideal candidate would possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Experience in residential interior design
- Strong skills in both Sketch up and CAD
- Knowledge of products & current design trends
- A passion for interior design and a commitment to delivering outstanding customer service. Working with a variety of clients meeting their design requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks.
If this sounds like you, click apply now and attach your resume, cover letter and a portfolio showcasing your best work.
- How many years' experience do you have as an interior designer?
- Have you completed a qualification in design?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?