Learning Assistant - Junior School
Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
- Casual ongoing role
- ASAP start date for Term 1, 2021
- Approx. 3.5 days a week
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Junior School (JS) has a vacancy for a casual Learning Assistant. The key responsibilities:
- Work closely with classroom teachers to help facilitate individual and small group support of Junior School students with additional learning needs.
- Work in co-operation with the Head of Learning Enhancement, classroom teachers and specialist teachers as required.
- Administer specific programs and assist classroom teachers to modify learning activities to differentiate for individual students.
- As and when needed work in the classroom as well as various break out spaces within the JS.
- In addition, this role supports classroom teachers and the Head of Learning Enhancement with student and classroom assessments and other administrative duties as required.
- Assisting and supporting all teachers in the JS with the preparation of learning materials and classroom activities.
- Assist with providing administration support to the Head of Junior School and Junior School library when requested.
- required during term time only - School teaching hours and at staff meetings on request of the Head of Junior School
- must be available to work approx. 3.5 days a week - days can be negotiated between the hours of 8am and 3.30pm
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills, experience and competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to support teachers and students
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records of student observations
- Cert III in Children Services or higher - desirable
- Level 1 First Aid and Anaphylaxis trained
- Current Working with Children Check
- Willing to provide a current National Crime Check
To view the position description, please go to our Careers page: https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit a cover letter and current resume via seek by clicking on the 'Apply for this job' button by 11PM SUNDAY, 24 JANUARY 2021
Please note: the interview process may commence before the above close date - if a suitable candidate is found prior to the 24 January, the role may close early. So please apply sooner, rather than later, to ensure you don't miss out.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and young people and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in education support?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?