Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Midwifery, Neo-Natal, SCN & NICU
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) is seeking positive, dynamic and friendly Registered Midwives to join the Midwifery team in a full time, part time or casual capacity.
About the Role:
The Mildura Base Public Hospital is currently seeking Registered Midwives to join the Maternity Services team. The unit consists of 12 antenatal / postnatal beds (staffed to 8), 4 birth suites (staffed to 3), a 2 bed Midwifery assessment unit and a 6-cot level 3 Special Care Nursery (staffed to 4). The service caters for around 900 births per year and is supported by a Midwifery Educator and a dynamic midwifery team.
To be successful in this role you will be a registered midwife and have appropriate registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA). You will possess relevant clinical skills and experience, and will have completed a midwifery graduate year or similar at the very least.
You will also bring:
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Possess strong customer service skills along with a caring and nurturing personality.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Why Choose Mildura Base Public Hospital:
We promote and provide a work environment that embraces professional development and supports staff to maximize growth through internal and external education opportunities.
Our genuine commitment to flexible working arrangements allows you time to pursue the things you love. With a vibrant multicultural society together complimented by many options for good food and coffee, shopping, arts and sporting events, Mildura provides an excellent opportunity to a lifestyle that will support your career.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Salary Packaging arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and dynamic team environment
- Location! Mildura is a regional hub which provides an excellent a lifestyle that will support your career. Check out www.visitmildura.com.au
- Employee Assistance Program
If you are ready for a rewarding position, click “apply” below. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check, WWCC (or ability to obtain one) and proof of immunity prior to your commencement.
For a copy of the Position Description, and to find out more about our amazing Regional Hospital, please visit our website www.mbph.org.au
Applications should address key selection criteria and include curriculum vitae and names of two current professional referees.
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?