New Business Project Manager
Advertiser: HousingFirstMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
- Join an organisation with a clear purpose to provide affordable housing for all
- Be instrumental in driving our growth and making a difference
- Base salary + super + NFP packaging benefits.
HousingFirst is an award-winning, independent, not-for-profit organisation leading the way in how community housing is designed, financed, built and managed. By developing innovative partnerships and investment opportunities, HousingFirst creates beautiful homes for residents who pay rent within their means, minimising financial stress and giving them opportunity to achieve a higher quality of life.
With 35 years of financial, property development, tenancy, asset management and community development experience, we have recently entered an exciting new growth phase with the significant planned expansion of our property portfolio.
To support this continued growth, we have an opportunity for a New Business Project Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy and Communication, in this role you will directly impact the growth of our business and our ability to provide affordable housing to those in need. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Coordinating and writing tender proposals and reports and responses to government and other stakeholders.
- Undertaking research and analysis, to assess whether opportunities are economically viable and aligned with our philosophy and strategic direction.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Policy, Business Administration or similar.
- Experience in a similar role with a focus on end-to-end tender submission, new business pipeline administration, relationship management (e.g. Councils, other housing associations, potential partners).
- Strong project management skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Strong analytical abilities: ability to assist with strategic planning, business planning and policy analysis.
- The ability to produce high quality tender submissions and briefing documents within tight timeframes.
- Strong industry research and environmental scanning skills.
- An appreciation of property related functions such as design, construction and tenancy management.
- Experience in the Community Housing Sector will be highly regarded but is not essential.
Our workplace is characterised by the values of integrity, respect, inclusiveness, collaboration and accountability. We offer attractive remuneration, salary packaging and flexible working conditions.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status. A National Police Check will also be required for the preferred candidate.
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet these requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications for this role will close 31 January 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?