Senior Full Stack Developer
Advertiser: BGL Corporate Solutions3.9231 out of 53.9 overall rating (13 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
BGL Corporate Solutions is a market leading SaaS company supplying accounting firms with Superannuation and Company Compliance platforms.
We are looking for a Senior full-stack developer to join our CAS360 product team. The CAS360 team is passionate about crafting beautiful cloud solutions. With us you have a chance to change an industry using the latest technologies.
About the role
You will be a team player leading one of our agile development teams to create and deliver solutions to our customers. You need to have a willingness to learn, offer your ideas and create a product you are proud of.
Why join BGL?
- Join Australia’s 9th most innovative technology company (AFR awards)
- To work with a passionate team focused on changing the world
- Your chance to work on greenfield SaaS projects
- Work in our modern office with a great south-east location (or from home)
About the Role
As a Senior engineer in our CAS360 team you will be responsible for
- Understanding business requirements, identifying risks/assumptions and developing solution design and architecture as part of the projects
- Breaking down solution designs into development tasks for your agile team
- Conducting code reviews and assisting development team members with development tasks.
- Working with the CAS360 Lead Architect, Head of Product and Product Managers to build great solutions to client problems.
- Having a passion to explore new cloud offerings through experimental POC’s and aligning them with our cloud strategies whilst ensuring enterprise architecture alignment
- Incorporating security, clean code principles and cloud best practices into the development of support and implementation practices for development teams
- Remaining abreast of evolving cloud architecture patterns and public cloud offerings that enable us to improve scalability, reduce costs and decrease administrative overhead
- Our team is currently balancing their time between the office and work from home.
Required Skills and Work Competencies:
- Strong engineering background in expert practices (OOP, SOLID principles, Clean code principles, design patterns)
- Strong experience working across the full stack (back-end & front-end)
- Software design and architecture
- Good grounding in back-end and front-end technologies covering:
- Java including Spring + Spring MVC
- MySQL and JPA / Hibernate
- Unit testing using JUnit or similar
- Good time management and problem solving skills
Nice to have but not mandatory:
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience leading a team (mentoring, code reviews)
- AWS platform
- Jenkins or similar
- Github and JIRA
Follow our company page to be the first to know about upcoming opportunities!
Please include an application cover letter and your resume in your application.
We're reviewing applications on an ongoing basis for this opportunity so we encourage you to apply early!
Please note we are only able to consider applicants with full working rights for Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a java developer?
- How many years' experience do you have working in an agile environment?