Advertiser: ATSICHS Brisbane3.2 out of 53.2 overall rating (25 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organisation delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We are the largest, most comprehensive Aboriginal Medical Health Service in Queensland. Our services include medical and dental clinics, family and child services, social and emotional wellbeing services, early childhood programs, youth services and an aged care facility.
Our vision for the future is to deliver healthy, connected Indigenous urban communities. To do this we are focusing on five strategic priorities:
- Champion healthy individuals and thriving families
- Build a strong and sustainable future
- Innovation and excellence
- Our partners
- Our people
See more at our website - http://atsichsbrisbane.org.au
What we offer:
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's leading Aboriginal Medical Services;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service;
- Access to medical and dental services
As a key member of the ATSICHS Brisbane team, the Graduate Nurse is expected to personally contribute to the shaping and achievement of ATSICHS vision and goals within their own scope. The Graduate Nurse will provide three (3) Key Functions
Conduct frontline nursing duties as per the IUIH Model of Care. It is the role of the Graduate Nurse to work with the clinical nurses to contribute, where possible, to ATSICHS comprehensive health support services to clients with the aim to achieve improved health outcomes for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. This includes effective triage, prevention, education, support and recalls.
The Graduate nurse will assist Clinic Nurses to provide education to ATSICHS clients with regards to their care and promote opportunities for improved health outcomes.
Contribute to the Development of a Flourishing Team
Support fellow staff in a team environment to build collegiality and a sense of belongingness within the team and ATSICHS family. Staff will actively participate in team activities and contribute to a flourishing workplace culture that promotes the ethos and values of ATSICHS Brisbane as a long standing Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation.
- Bachelor degree in nursing or higher.
- Full un-restricted AHPRA registration.
- Previous demonstrable experience in relevant nursing field.
- Demonstrated ability to meet targets and performance outcomes.
- Ability to support a continuous improvement model for achieving outcomes.
- Decisive listening, influencing and persuasive skills.
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply
Please note that it is a genuine requirement that this position be filled by an Aboriginal of Torres Strait Islander person in accordance with s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (QLD)
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Previous experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Immunisation endorsement and experience
- Previous experience in a multidisciplinary health team.
- Previous experience in chronic disease management.
How can you apply?
Applications can be submitted by following the links on the Recruitment page.
Applications must be submitted by the 22nd January 2021.
For any further enquiries please get in touch with our People & Culture Team on (07) 3240 8900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org