Advertiser: STREATMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
STREAT is a Melbourne based social enterprise, operating its hospitality enterprises to fund and support training for disadvantaged young people.
We are currently looking for an experienced chef to join our incredible team at our site in Collingwood, Working across both the café and our production kitchen, duties will include prep and service, and you’ll be working alongside our trainees and guiding them in developing their own awesome kitchen skills.
You will be working as part of a varied team, so you must be competent, with a calm demeanour and a can-do attitude.
Responsibilities include ability to manage potentially busy services, minimising food wastage, high attention to detail, kitchen cleanliness and accurate food safety recording.
Hours of work include both weekend days and 2 or 3 weekdays.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years kitchen experience
- A relevant cookery qualification (min. Cert. III)
- The desire to teach and share knowledge
- Capable of performing well under pressure during busy service periods
- Possess a solid understanding of food safety standards
- Excellent communications skills
- Be passionate about food
- Be reliable and punctual
- Hold a current drivers licence (preferably manual).
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
You must have the unrestricted right to work in Australia. You will require a current Working with Children Check before starting.
For further information about STREAT: www.streat.com.au
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a qualified chef?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?