Advertiser: The Herbal ConnectionMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2021
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
About the business and the role
The Herbal Connection are an importer and wholesaler of medicinal and culinary herbs, spices, teas and ingredients. We deliver a high quality product to the health food manufacturing, bulk foods, tea production and pharmaceutical industries.
The role of Warehouse Allrounder would be responsible for but not limited to the daily breaking down of products (herbs, spices, teas and powdered superfoods) from bulk by hand packing out, picking and packing of orders, for overseeing the dispatch desk and ensuring orders are processed to a high standard and shipped accurately and quickly. This role involves a high level of computer skills and some large packing equipment to learn, from weigh fillers to tea bag packing machine. You must be physically fit, able to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 25kg. Lots of lifting and moving stock by hand is involved in this position.
We are willing to train the right person who is wanting to learn our business and is looking for a long term fit. If you are looking for your next role in warehousing and looking to learn all aspects of how a warehouse is run then this role is for you. There is leadership opportunities for the right person who can rise to the challenge of very busy environment and be someone who is about getting the job done quickly, accurately and make themselves indispensable to our team.
You must have a current forklift ticket and have a minimum of 2 years warehousing experience.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Responsibilities would consist of but not limited to:
- Hand Packing out of stock for sale
- Tea Bag Packing Machine
- Pick Pack and Dispatch Orders
- Packing stock
- Processing stock using machinery
- Order Checking for accuracy
- Proficient with a computer and using multiple software programs
- Packing and preparing parcels for shipment
- Completing shipments and communication with customers via telephone.
- Lifting packed cartons
- Arranging parcel collection from our preferred couriers
- Client custom manufacturing
- Receive and receipt stock
- Unload trucks using forklift
- Stock put aways using forklift
This is a hands on role and will require you to be a fast learner.
Skills and experience
Ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years experience in a warehouse environment. You will be the type of person who loves to be busy and has a need to get the job done. You are physically fit, With an interest in health would be an advantage however not necessary, you will enjoy working with a fun, dynamic group of people who work quickly, accurately and have a focus on the customer experience right through the process.
We are a flexible small family run business with only 5 core staff in the business every day. This role is on your feet and very physical, you will be in a dusty warehouse environment that will see you go home covered in herbs and spices and knowing you have done a full days work.
Job benefits and perks
If you are local to the Coomera area, would love to work with a supportive flexible team to work with, then you will be the right fit our small team. Whilst we have a fast paced work environment we enjoy having fun while we work also. We offer a politics free workspace that is supportive of each other with a real opportunity for the right person to grow with our business into a leadership role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a picker packer?