Graduate Accounts Assistant
Advertiser: Fiftyfive5More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
This role would suit someone with plenty of energy, with a passion for learning and with an inherent client- service attitude. It requires supporting the existing Finance Team across a range of tasks while we support the wider business.
The Graduate Accounts Assistant will assist both the Project and Financial Accountants across a wide range of tasks and develop into an integral member of the team. It’s a very hands-on role.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to continue their development to become a qualified accountant. We would support you with on the job training and development in the role as well as supporting your ongoing studies (CA or CPA).
It’s an exciting time to join as we are consistently growing as a business and have recently launched a new Business Management System which will allow Finance to deliver “best practice” reporting and genuine strategic insights into our business.
The role would include:
- Accounts receivable invoice entry, credit notes, receipting and debtor’s management.
- Setting up new projects and updating existing project in the Business Managements System.
- Handling request from consultants within the business for invoices and information.
- Assisting with payroll
- Assist with incentives handling for market research participants
- Assist with monthly journal entries
- Assisting with preparation of activity statements and payroll tax returns.
- Assist with Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with entering and uploading data into the new system
- Scanning and filing of finance documentation.
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Qualifications and Additional Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline required
- Basic Excel Skills
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and accountable for actions and results and works effectively in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
We are a results driven company and a core part of our culture is that everyone understands and owns what we are here to achieve. As such, the behaviour of everyone in the team should reflect the core Fiftyfive5 values.
- Collaborative Spirit
- Intellectually Sharp
- Commercially Pragmatic
- Innate Drive
- Creative Solutions
We believe that being an amazing place to work is all about working with talented people who enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills and deliver outcomes to clients that are challenging, creative and commercially credible.
At Fiftyfive5, you’ll be supported be a collaborative environment that provides opportunities for progression, rewards your success and lets you take control of your work / life balance.