Advertiser: Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, PA, EA & Secretarial
- Indigenous Health Not for Profit
- Salary: $68,979 to $75,676 dependent on experience + 10.5% superannuation + health promotion charity salary packaging
- South Brisbane office
- This position has been identified - it is an occupational requirement that this position be filled by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person as permitted and arguable under Section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
QAIHC is a non-partisan peak organisation representing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Organisations (ATSICCHOs) across Queensland at both state and national level. Our members deliver comprehensive and culturally appropriate, world class primary health care services to their communities.
The Executive Assistant role will deliver high level, confidential executive support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of QAIHC. This position is responsible for managing the diary for the CEO and assists in providing comprehensive, timely and effective information, documents and communication as required. The duties of this position require a high level of experience in working within a highly complex and changing environment.
This position works closely with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslander’s and requires a high level of cultural competency.
What we are looking for
- Ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples and knowledge of both cultures and societies;
- An ability to consult in accordance with cultural protocols if required;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to listen attentively and proactively seek to understand others’ needs;
- Skilled at building rapport and establishing strong and mutually beneficial connections;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks with the ability to work independently and proactively;
- Exceptional relationship skills and an ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders;
- Mature minded, able to work under pressure and remain composed during high-stake situations;
- Strong experience in dealing with highly sensitive confidential matters, professionally with discretion;
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in the provision of senior executive level support in a corporate environment working directly with a CEO, Boards and Directors;
- Qualifications such as Business Administration are highly desirable;
- Current, unrestricted C class driver licence.
To apply, obtain an application pack or any query, please email - email@example.com.
Please apply only via this method.
Applications are required by midnight on Wednesday 27th January 2021