Health and Fitness Manager
Advertiser: Belgravia Health & Leisure GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
VIC, Mill Park Leisure Centre - Mill Park VIC 3082
- Build your own team and leave a legacy with the culture you create
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend shifts
- This is an amazing opportunity to be a pivotal member of the leadership team opening a redeveloped facility
A full-time position is currently vacant for a suitable candidate to join the team in the role of Health and Fitness Manager. The key role for this position is to develop a range of high quality, appropriate and desirable health and fitness programs for the members and the local community.
The Health Club Manager will be suitably qualified, have extensive experience within the Health and Fitness industry and be efficient in handling the operations of a health club facility. The successful applicant will have shown an ability to lead a team consisting of gym floor, personal training and Exercise Physiology staff. Strong connections with Council and local community are also a vital part of the role.
The ideal applicant will possess the following experience/qualifications/skills:
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role
- Energetic, innovative and decisive leadership style
- Target planning and monitoring experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of OHS and public safety applications in public buildings
Skills and Experience
- Certificate III in Fitness or higher
- Good knowledge of health club protocols and customer expectations
- Experience in managing conflict resolution and delivery of high level customer service
- Experience in leading a team, managing rosters and employee relations as required
- Computer literacy, familiarity with software packages and point of sale systems
- First Aid Certificate (Workplace Level 2)
- CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check
- Fitness Australia (or equivalent) registration is desirable
- National Police Check
Previous health club management experience is highly regarded.
- New state of the art gym and group fitness spaces.
- Three new pools, including leisure pool and aqua play features, learn to swim and warm water pool.
- This compliments the upgraded 25m pool, new, larger spa and sauna and new family and group and school change facilities, as well as improved change options for people with disabilities
- A new café, retail area and reception
- A refurbished crèche
- A landscaped outdoor space with play equipment, barbecues and outdoor exercise equipment
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health, wellness and aquatic environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we'll be in touch.Mill Park 3082 VIC