Senior Field Technician
Advertiser: FMG Engineering2.75 out of 52.8 overall rating (12 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
Who is FMG Engineering?
Employing around 90 people in South Australia and 60 people in Melbourne, FMG Engineering is a very well known and respected multi-disciplined national engineering consultancy. Our head office is located at Wayville, Adelaide and our Research lab located at Kurralta Park, also in Adelaide.
Who are we seeking?
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced senior field soil technician's to assist our Research lab team.
What is the role?
The role will be to undertake in field soil testing and field supervision in accordance with Australian standards and laboratory procedures. As a senior member of our team you would be expected to provide technical advice and assistance, leadership and also train and mentor less experienced technicians.
What skills and experience do you ideally need?
- Demonstrated experience and extensive knowledge of laboratory and field testing
- In depth understanding of AS3797, AS1289, AS1012, AS 1141 and AS1726
- Certificate IV in laboratory techniques
- Nuclear density gauge license
- Current construction induction white card
- Current drivers license and ability to drive manual vehicles
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients
- Physically fit and prepared to undertake labour intensive tasks, at times
- Experience working on tier 1 & 2 civil construction projects
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Australian citizenship essential
What can we offer you?
FMG Engineering is an organisation that is dynamic - the work is interesting, varied and challenging. Being a multi-disciplined engineering consultancy we can offer a variety of career paths for the individual who wants to grow and develop.
Our culture is one that promotes entrepreneurship, team spirit and autonomy. Our people our passionate about what they do, but have created a fun, friendly and social working environment, where work life balance is a priority.
A fully maintained company vehicle will be provided to the successful candidate
We've also just relocated to a new facility at Kurralta Park, so we're really excited about continuing to grow and develop our business further – and would love you to join us!
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter (addressing which of the above mentioned criteria makes you suitable for this role) via SEEK or to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.