Junior Soil Technician
Advertiser: FMG Engineering2.75 out of 52.8 overall rating (12 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2021
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
FMG Research is an independent NATA accredited soil, concrete and materials testing laboratory located in Kurralta Park. Due to continued growth we are seeking a Junior Technical Operator to join our team and undertake laboratory testing.
This is an entry level position; experience is not essential but advantageous. A strong work ethic, reliable, honest, willingness to listen and learn, along with the ability to follow procedures methodically and take direction from senior staff are essential to this position. This position would ideally suit school leavers.
- Undertake routine laboratory testing of soil, concrete and aggregates as instructed by supervising Soils Technician, in accordance with AS1289, AS1012 and AS1141
- Carry out designated tests strictly in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Ensure testing outputs are met and exceeded
- Maintain and set up equipment for use in testing
- Operate and calibrate instruments
- Classify and log samples to AS1726
- Physically fit and prepared to undertake labour intensive tasks.
Skills and Experience
Applicants possessing any of the following will be highly regarded:
- Year 12 SACE Certificate
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures methodically and take direction
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Strong maths and physics background (not a necessity)
In return we offer a very competitive salary with overtime, career and personal development opportunities.
This position is for an immediate start.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter (addressing which of the above mentioned criteria makes you suitable for this role) via SEEK or to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.