Coordinator Community Development
Advertiser: HousingFirstMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
- Join an organisation with a clear purpose to provide affordable housing for all
- Partner with our residents, staff and external agencies to create and drive Community Development opportunities and events
- Base salary + super + NFP packaging benefits.
HousingFirst is an award-winning, independent, not-for-profit organisation providing social and affordable community housing for people on low to moderate incomes. We draw on 30 years of financial, design, construction, and project management experience to create some of Melbourne’s most attractive and liveable developments. Our services are particularly targeted to people who are disadvantaged, experiencing housing stress or at risk of homelessness.
What makes HousingFirst unique is its locally based approach to housing management with an emphasis on building local communities that are welcoming, socially inclusive and great places to live.
We have recently entered an exciting new growth phase with the significant planned expansion of our property portfolio. To support this continued growth, we have an opportunity for a Coordinator Community Development to join our team.
Reporting to the GM Housing Services this role is responsible for overseeing the development and enhancement of our Community Development program and events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement resident participation and engagement activities across HousingFirst properties
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate a community development strategy focusing on resident engagement and participation
- Evaluate and report on the impact of projects, programs and events delivered
- Develop funding applications and secure grants for the funding of community projects and social program for residents
- Manage and monitor the community development budget.
- Networking with stakeholders and services to develop partnerships to gain access to support that residents require to enhance their tenancies and participate in the wider community
- Leadership and development of Community Development Officer
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of community development initiatives
- Demonstrated skills experience in working effectively & sensitively with people with complex needs & challenging behaviours
- A proactive individual with energy and drive and a strong desire to succeed.
- Commitment to social justice and to the empowerment of disadvantaged members of the community.
Our workplace is characterised by the values of integrity, respect, inclusiveness, collaboration and accountability. We offer attractive remuneration, salary packaging and flexible working conditions.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status. A Working with Children and National Police Check will also be required for the preferred candidate.
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet these requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed]
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications for this role will close 26 January 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?